new to group!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new to group!

Postby sailor-ichigo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:05 pm

hi everyone! my names Charlotte, im 25. i live in nottinghamshire. i find it difficult to get out and meet people as my fibro is really bad. ive tried every treatment ive been offered at hospital and am on the maximum dose of painkiller my doctor can give me. ive come to a dead end in my treatment.

im studying psychology with the open university and volunteer at a local charity shop for 2hours a week. its enough for me! i have a biology degree and love studying so im glad i can keep going and keep my mind occupied.

it would be great to speak to people and share experiences. my local support group was full of self-pitying idiots who knew nothing about fibro- they sat and ate... that was about it. im no expert but as soon as i was diagnosed 4years ago i read up all i could! people dont even try!

i dont mind a good moan, but it would be nice to chat and share info and hopefully find some friends who understand what im going through!

sorry this is a bit waffley!

thanks
Charlotte x
sailor-ichigo
UKFM Member

Re: new to group!

Postby ribbons » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:10 pm

hello and welcome x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby Tricia_TD » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:13 pm

:welcome: to the forum Charlotte.

I'm fairly new here myself and have already picked up bits and pieces which I hadn't found on Dr. Google! I hope you do too.

Tricia
Endometriosis ~ Depression ~ Anxiety ~ Sleep Apnoea ~ Fibromyalgia

http://endosistersuk.freeforums.org/index.php Worldwide Endometriosis Support Forum
Tricia_TD
UKFM Member

new to group!

Postby hayleighmann » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Hi

I haven't been on here long but have found so much useful information :-)

Welcome to the forum :-)

Hayleigh
I'm a newbie to the forum, just been diagnosed with Fibro and only just getting to know all about it :-(
hayleighmann
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:10 pm

:wave: :wave: Charlotte and :welcome: to the forum :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I live in your area of the world, I'm in North Notts :clap: :clap: At times we all want and need a good moan, as well as doing some info sharing and just enjoying a bit of everyday :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: so you've found your way to the right place :lol: :lol: There is a lot of advice on here, as well as support for each other with the rubbish that FM brings with it :facepalm: :facepalm: So anything you're wondering about, just ask about it ans we'll see what sort of answer we can come up with for you, altho there's no guarantee it will be a sensible one :-D :-D :-D :-D

Meds wise, have you tried the various neurological type ones to see if they help, linky about the various things, just in case there's a slim chance there is something on the list that hasn't found it's way into your meds collection at some point http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalgia/Pages/Treatment.aspx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby noonoo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:34 pm

Hiya Charlotte,

I am fairly new to the forum too have left a posts and everyone seems realy nice, I have only just been diagnosed despite suffering from fibro for the last few years, pretty much housebound at the moment but live in hope that things will improve. Good luck with your studies hope you can have a nice break over the christmas hols. Noonoo :-)
noonoo
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi Charlotte and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:48 pm

:welcome: to the forum Charlotte :xmaswave1: :santchimney1:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:12 pm

hello, I sort of live in your part of the world - my Boyfriend is at Notts Uni in Beeston doing a Masters and I still have Uni friends living in Wollaton. We both met there for our undergrad in 2007 and I've lived in Notts twice before that as a child. I also lived in Lowdham for several years from 3-6 years old between living in Notts. I live in Lincs but am in Notts about once a month to see my bf.

I think it's best to learn as much as possible about any medical problems we have, knowledge is power. I think I'd have been so hard on myself if I thought all Fibro was was pain and fatigue and didn't know about Fibro fog, sleep disturbance, digestive issues etc. I've learned loads on here too, it really helps to speak to other people having the same issues.

Am so impressed you're managing to study with this, I'm 23 but my brain's turned to mush since having Fibro. I'm just so glad I didn't get it during my degree, it was hard enough doing that with learning difficulties, let alone brain fog so it's great you're managing to stick at it :welldone:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby sailor-ichigo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:44 pm

thank you very much for all of the kind messages! im looking forward to being able to chat with you all and if i find anything helpful (which doesnt happen often!) i will share it asap with everyone! :-D

hope you all have a great christmas- despite feeling rubbish with fibro.

i plan to eat a great deal! my mum makes great mince pies...
:xmastree1:
Charlotte x
sailor-ichigo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:04 pm

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm.................mincespies [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate]

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Belle67 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi Charlotte :-D :welcome:
Welcome to the Forum, I am pretty new too but i have had this bloody awful illness for 11 years. I am housebound most of the time and I am also doing an open degree with the open university.
I'm usually around for a moan or a chat :hugs:
Diagnosed in 2000 but have led a pretty normal life.
Major flare up Nov 2011 now using crutches and Wheelchair.
Medication : Oxycodone,Tramadol,Gabapentin,Venfalaxine,Cyclizine,Climaval
Belle67
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello