Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby hugster » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:45 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to say 'hello' :-)

I just got diagnosed on Thursday but have been dealing with the symptoms for years! I'm climbing the walls at the moment looking at what I want and need to do but just can't :(

I had really hoped to get my Christmas tree up this year but there's pretty much no chance of that happening again! I can't even get the day to day things done!!

I'm not looking forward to telling ye at work on Monday - it'll probably go down like a lead balloon!!!

Sorry for moaning so much - I'm on my own and quite isolated so just needed to get this out!

Take care,

Barbara

I hope that ye are all having a good evening :-D
hugster
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:26 pm

:welcome: to the forum Barbera :wave: You're not on your own now you've found us :grouphug: :grouphug:

There is a lot of advice and info on here, including some posts that people often use to try and explain to others what it's like to live with FM, maybe showing them to your work colleagues could help with letting them know. Here are a couple of linkys to them http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4732
http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1761

Our motto at the moment on here seems to be day~by~day, hour~by~hour for dealing with everything. Rather than looking at everything in its entirety, breaking it down into smaller bits might make things a little easier to manage. Instead of putting the tree up, do you have some smaller decorations that you could have out on display to bring a bit of festiveness to your home?? Do a little at a time so you hopefully don't make things too painful, and take breaks in between, starting again when you feel you're ready to carry on.
The same approach can be used with the day~to~day things as well, and if something doesn't get done then it doesn't really matter.

Under the Equalities Act 2010, when you tell your employer you have FM, they are required to make what are called "reasonable adjustments" to make your job as FM suited as it can be. There are people and organisations who can help and advise with this if needed. You'll also need some info to explain to your employer about FM, as well as how it affects you. This linky might be a good place to start for your employer as it's the NHS site http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fibromyalgia/pages/introduction.aspx

I think I've waffled on and bombarded you with many many things FM related :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Just have a look thru things at your own speed as there is a lot to take in when you're told you have it. Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:26 am

hi, cold and frosty night here in derbyshire but no snow down our street,where is it.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

forgot to take my dosulepin to help me sleep so am wide awake.

enjoyed the strictly final though.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby hugster » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:55 am

Hi Fluppy!

thanks for the welcome, suggestion and info :-)

I feel like I'be been run over by a train this morning!! I know that having a shower will make me feel better but that seems like such a big job right now!!

I understand what you said about the day to day things - but they have to matter to me because if I don't do them they won't get done!! And I do need clean clothes for work tomorrow!!

This website seems full of info and goodies :-) A bit difficult to navigate on a phone but hey, I'll get there square by square! ;-)

I hope that you are having a good day? :-)

Take care,

Barbara
hugster
UKFM Member

Postby ribbons » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:24 am

hello and welcome x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:44 pm

:wave: :wave: Barbera, I think the rain that ran you over this morning found it's way to me as well :facepalm: :facepalm:

I know what you mean about needing things to be done, esp the clean clothes bit :oops: :oops: :oops: I missed a bit out in my ramblings last night about trying to sort things out in order of urgency/priority, which would mean clothes for work being at the top :facepalm: :facepalm: But when you are reaching something that's not quite as pressing and you don't feel able to carry on, then it will still be there when you are ready to go on again.

Navigating the site by phone can be a bit fiddly, if you have an iphone or android phone, an app designed for forum browsing might be useful, such as Tapatalk. Hopefully as you get used to things and find your way around, navigation should become a little easier :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I shuffled your topic into "Where To Say Hello" with it being your intro one, it should be seem by more people here :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:45 pm

:welcome: to the forum Barbara :xmaswave1: :santchimney1:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Hello : Ribbons

Postby hugster » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Thank you Ribbons :-)
hugster
UKFM Member

Re: Hello : animalhouse

Postby hugster » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi animalhouse,

how are you today? I hope that you managed to get some sleep?

Take care,

Barbara
hugster
UKFM Member

Re: Hello : shazq

Postby hugster » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi shazq,

thank you and :snowing1: :santchimney1: to you too :-)

Take care,

Barbara
hugster
UKFM Member

Postby Tricia_TD » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:49 pm

:welcome: to the forum Barbara, from a relative newbie myself.

I've found the site to be a fantastic source of information, and eye-opening pieces of "that's what I'm like"! As I also suffer from depression (amongst other things!), I've learned to take baby steps with things that need to be done. For example, cleaning the bathroom, I'll do the sink one day, the loo another day, the bath another day. That way I don't beat myself up for not having done anything.

Tricia
Endometriosis ~ Depression ~ Anxiety ~ Sleep Apnoea ~ Fibromyalgia

http://endosistersuk.freeforums.org/index.php Worldwide Endometriosis Support Forum
Tricia_TD
UKFM Member

Re: Hello : fluppypuffy

Postby hugster » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi fluppypuffy :-)

Sorry about that train!! I think it left here when I dragged my butt into the shower :-)

:rudolph:

I hope that it didn't stay too long!! ;0) and that you had a good day? :0)

Take care,

Barbara
:xmastree1:
hugster
UKFM Member

Re: Hello : Tricia

Postby hugster » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi Tricia :-)

thank you :-)

I like your cleaning idea ;-) Learning to allow myself to pace myself is proving very difficult as it kinda goes against the grain!! But I know that I have to! - drat! :-(

I too have depression which I almost find harder to deal with than everything else - or is it that it makes everything harder to bear!? The end result is the same I guess!! ;-) Just have to grab onto the good things and moments for all we're worth!! Just like a cat slurping up every last drop of cream!!

:cat1:

I hope that you are having a good evening? :-)

I better get my work stuff ready before it doesn't happen which really isn't an option!!!

Take care,

Barbara
hugster
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi Barbara and :welcome: to the forum, glad you have found us :clap:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello