[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie.

Newbie.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie.

Postby zipster » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi i have had m.e for over 10yrs and a few yrs ago fibromyalgia and tmj. I have been doing okish the last 18 months but about 10 weeks ago my period was late and when it came it was light. I started worrying something was wrong and then i started feeling full and stomach pains and wind pains etc.I then started with bad diarrhea and a few times i felt shaky and like i was going to faint and i had a migraine. I thought it was my tmj playing up because i wear a mouth guard 24/7 and i see an osteopath every 6 weeks and i thought my guard had maybe worn down. I then started getting bad headaches and feeling off balance not vertigo but a feeling of like your rocking from side to side.Anyway over the last few month i have had numb fingers,nausea,sore spine/shoulders/arms,aching all over,fatigue,headaches,muscle twitches,insomnia,feeling i can't get a breath,crying all the time,palpitations,feeling of shaking internally,brain fog,diarrhea,stomach pains etc. Do all these symptoms sound like fibromyalgia? The pain in my spine is there all the time and it hurts if i move my head up/down or side to side and it radiates into my shoulders and arms. I am sick of going to my gp, i have all my bloods done and they are all normal.I saw my osteopath last week and she said the top of my spine has locked for some reason. Has anyone found anything that helps with this awful rocking/off balance feeling?
Sorry for the moan x
zipster
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie.

Postby lindaloola » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:08 pm

hi
sounds like FM to me.

I get very dizzy,,especially upon standing and unfortunately havent found much to help.

Im afraid I dont know what tmj is?

Your IBS symptoms may be down to something you are eating that you are intolerant to.

Did you see food doctor last night? if you have catch up tv watch it.there is a special diet that works in 75 per cent of cases.

I take a high stregnth probiotic which is great. I used to have ulserative colitus and it is gone completely!

If you read the ukfm website it will recommend many supplements and meds that can help FM.

H :lol: OPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER SOON X
lindaloola
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:17 pm

:welcome: to the forum zipster :xmaswave1:

I have moved your post into here as its your 1st one. :xmaswave1:

Yes alot of your symptoms do sound like fibro. The diarrhea & stomach pains could be down to IBS ?? have you ever been checked for this by your GP as its very common with fibro as well.

I was going to suggest seeing an osteopath for your spine but you are already seeing one, you could ask your GP to refer you to a physio.

I know it seems like we are always at our GP`s but with all new symptoms its best to get them checked out in case they are not connected to fibro. Hope you free your spine soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Belle67 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi and welcome :welcome: to the forum.

Fibro has so many symptoms all different for different people. I have IBS and a few other symptoms that you have.
This is a great place to meet people and gain info.
I hope your symptoms lesson soon....Take care and if you need a rant this is also the place :swear1:
Diagnosed in 2000 but have led a pretty normal life.
Major flare up Nov 2011 now using crutches and Wheelchair.
Medication : Oxycodone,Tramadol,Gabapentin,Venfalaxine,Cyclizine,Climaval
Belle67
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:23 pm

:welcome: to the forum zipster :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1:

Sorry to hear what's flaring up for you at the moment :grouphug: You're in good company here as a lot of us are feeling pretty rubbish at the moment :facepalm: :facepalm:

Reading what you've said, I hope I've understood things properly, and that you have already been told you have FM :-? :-?

A lot of what you have described could be put down to FM, however you will appreciate that we can't definitely say what it is, all we can do is say how it sounds based on our own experiences and symptoms. It may not be just FM that is making you feel so bad. With you having ME as well, that could be adding to the mix, as there are quite a number of overlapping symptoms between FM and ME.

As for the other things, such as the poor balance, loss of sensation and change in your monthly cycle it sounds like you really need to go back and see your GP about them. There could be various reasons for what you are experiencing at the moment, which should be looked into and hopefully ruled out.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby zipster » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Yes my gp has said ibs and i had a sigmoidoscopy and endoscopy a few years ago. I feel really down and cry all the time and i feel irritable but probably with pain and frustration. I saw my osteopath last week and she said the top of my spine was locked but didn't know why. My spine feels sore and it radiates into my shoulders. I also can't seem to get warm but woke up sweating through the night.
zipster
UKFM Member

Postby ribbons » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:51 pm

hello and welcome, sorry to hear about the problems you are having :hugs:
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Have you tried a Tens machine for you shoulder pain? or a wheat bag? they might help.

As you prob already know we tend to ache more in this cold damp weather, i wear my slipper booties, they have a sachet in them which can be heated in the microwave so they help to keep my feet nice and warm.
Another good way to keep warm is hot water bottle.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello