New here & just diagnosed too...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Katblack » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:00 am

Hi,

I discovered this forum on Friday (23rd Dec) on returning from the Hospital with a dianosis of Fibromyalgia, what a lovely Christmas Present, huh? I don't really have any idea what FM is or anything about it, but have been reading when I can over the last couple of days.

A little background of my situation is that I am a Mum of 2, married, have a dog and a cat, I also have Scoliosis (curvature of the Spine) for which I have had 2 surgeries, the most recent in 2006, since January 2007 I have felt there was 'something else going on', so really it had taken me 4 years to get a diagnosis, I'm not sure if I am relieved because now I know it's not 'all in my head' and I'm not going crazy or scared of what the future holds, either way I am hoping to get as much info as I can, and a little support too as no one around me has a clue about FM either :-?
Kat x

Scoliosis, 2 major spinal surgeries, DDD in neck and lumbar spine, Spondylolisthesis, HMS and now FM!
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.
Katblack
UKFM Member

Re: New here & just diagnosed too...

Postby denys » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:10 am

Hi katblack and :welcome: to the forum, hopefully we will be able to answer some of your questions and there is information on here to print off to help others to understand FM and the impact it has on you as well as them :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:04 pm

:welcome: to the forum Katblack :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tricia_TD » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:31 pm

:welcome: to the forum Kat.

I've been recently diagnosed too, and like you didn't know anything about Fibro. I hope the forum helps you as much as it's helped me.

Tricia
Endometriosis ~ Depression ~ Anxiety ~ Sleep Apnoea ~ Fibromyalgia

http://endosistersuk.freeforums.org/index.php Worldwide Endometriosis Support Forum
Tricia_TD
UKFM Member

Postby Lyssie » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Hey hun... Guess who? Lol big hugs. Hang on in there Kat :) welcome to the forum! X
Lyssie :-) ...xX
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Postby Katblack » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi Lyssie :wave: I wondered if you might be here too :-)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :-)
Kat x

Scoliosis, 2 major spinal surgeries, DDD in neck and lumbar spine, Spondylolisthesis, HMS and now FM!
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.
Katblack
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:41 pm

:welcome: to the forum Kat :mrgreen:

There is a lot of info and advice on here which may help answer the various questions you have whirling around your head.

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello