In pain but not diagnosed.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

In pain but not diagnosed.

Postby tyrannosauRoss » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Basically thought I would come and say "hi."

Since the age of 10 I've been in pain, I was maybe around 15 when I was diagnosed with "growing pains." Even at the age of 10 my mum had to write a letter to the school asking if I looked like I was in discomfort or if I complained of being sore if I could please be excused from any physical activity. During my teens years I've had physio, insoles to correct various leg "problems" and all never cured the pain, some made it worse. Last years at school and while at uni, I gave up and accepted it was something I would have to live with.

Now at the age of 23, I've been finally reffered to rheumatology for more test, as the last 6months I have really gone down hill, even the last month since the referal I've got noticably worse. To the point where my freelance job (theatre techie) I think I am going to have to start refusing jobs cause of the pain. I've used people to help me walk, can't stand at bus stops and even ibuprofen 600mg is starting to stop working, although it never cured it in the first place.

It was my cousin that pointed me in the fibro direction, as she's been diagnosed and we had a conversation about our pains and mine were basically 100% identical to herself. I've mentioned it to my GP twice, first time he sort of shrugged it off, second time I went in with more info and said my IBS and depression are also known links, he seemed more open to the idea.

I would love a blue badge just for getting the extra wide parking spaces to help getting in and out, and would love a car of my own so I don't have the painful experiences of buses. But at the same time I want to work, even though it'll have to be office. But anything to make my life easier and bareable would be greatly welcomed.

Toodles for now,

Ross.
tyrannosauRoss
UKFM Member

Re: In pain but not diagnosed.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:56 pm

:welcome: to the forum Ross :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I :-D at your screen name as all I can think about now is Ross from Friends :lol: :lol:

Sorry to hear what you've been thru and how long it has taken for you to get a referral. Hopefully when you go for your appt you will finally get some answers to what is the reason for your symptoms.

There is a lot of info and advice on here, have a look around as you may find some helpful suggestions while you're waiting for your appt to come thru :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Hi Ross and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:14 pm

:welcome: to the forum Ross :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello