[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - thought I might say hi

thought I might say hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

thought I might say hi

Postby somersethedge » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:40 pm

so here goes... Hi

I am one of those rarer breed.... A male with Fibromyalgia :-) (or should that be :( ) :crazy:

I am also newly diagnosed sufferer (16th December)... Unlike some cases I have read about, it took my consultant a whole 5 minuets to diagnose it. Mind you it was made a lot easier in my case as I have had M.E. for the last 30 years, and the only real difference was the location of the aches and pains had moved to the "classic" Fibromyalgia locations and I had started to get the other tell tail signs like headaches, sweats, and IBS....

Once the New Year is here, my consultant and GP. suggests I start to try for a DLA and a Blue Badge as although I am self employed and work from home, I can no longer walk very far (due to the pain) and my O/H has to "look after" my medication due to the depression I suffer :yikes: .

Well there you go.... a very quick intro

BTW most people on the net tend to call me Somer so feel free to do likewise
somersethedge
UKFM Newbie

Re: thought I might say hi

Postby somersethedge » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:45 pm

That will teach me not to hit send so quickly next time......

I forgot to add that I am 52 (but more often than not feel 104 :-) ) and my real name is Nigel....
somersethedge
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi Somer and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby somersethedge » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:21 pm

thank you
somersethedge
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:48 pm

:wave: :wave: Somer and :welcome: to the forum :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so hopefully there will be some useful bits for you. We also do our best to help and support each other thru the rubbish that comes along with FM.

There are a few male regulars on here, so altho you are a rarer breed, you're not alone on here with us :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anything you want to know, just ask away and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby efrem » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:13 pm

hi somer,welcome to the forum.my name is efrem,married to a lovely wife(caz) for 19yrs but unfortunatley no children.as you have guessed i to am also male.got dx with fibro when i was 34yr and have pain in my legs and now having it in my arms now.i have found the forum to be great as you are able to talk mto others who know what your on about.take care,efrem.happy new yr to you. :-D :penguin:
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:01 am

:welcome: to the forum somer :happy-new-year-group-1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello