New here hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New here hello

Postby emma5673 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:06 pm

Hi All

I am Emma , 31 years old .... I have been suffering for a year now without any diganosis ! Having pain every where esp hip , thigh and buttock area (all symptoms others have written). Had blood tests all ok ... Waiting to have a scan on hips.... Been worrying my self silly i have cancer although all tests are negative. I am a mental health student nurse and worked in the area for 12 years .... Found that since being at uni , car accident last jan and a bout of flu and acute sinuis infection this has all started. On strong pain killers trying not to get me down .... I have been doing bank shifts at work as when i am occupied and doing things i do feel alot better.

I have spent the evening reading this forum and it was like wow this is me to a tee

So i think i will speak to my gp - looking at getting some other meds that may help + plus some other things

I have to say some of the topics are very helpfull

Anyway nice posting to you all
emma5673
UKFM Newbie

Re: New here hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:45 pm

:wave: :wave: Emma :welcome: to the forum :mrgreen:

This linky tells you a little about the types of meds used to try and manage FM http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalgia/Pages/Treatment.aspx I know you don't have a dx yet, but there may be something in them that could help you.

It's scary just what sort of thoughts start pushing themselves forward when you don't know what is the cause of symptoms and pain :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Definitely talk to your GP about the possibility of FM being the reason for your problems and :goodluck2: in finding the answers :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: New here hello

Postby shazq » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:51 pm

:welcome: to the forum Emma :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello