Hello Everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello Everyone

Postby mrsellgee » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi everyone

I am new to the site and just wanted to say hi.

I was recently diagnosed with FM in early December after being off work since May
I am stressing as I have a meeting with my employer coming up end of month to terminate my
employment on the grounds of ill health, I work for ambulance service and am now unable to lift, drive etc.

Any tips on where to go next and what to do, Never had to claim benefit etc before and dont know which way to turn!

My husband works but no way can we live on one wage, Help greatly appreciated

Hayley
mrsellgee
UKFM Member

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby loubie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:15 pm

hi hayle
welcome to the forum
i don't think the job center can do anything until you have had your employment
terminated.
i can't tell you really as i don't claim anything and don't know how it all works but i think that is how it is.

it is all very stressful loosing your job :(
i hated it :( is there anything at your work that you could cope with even if you reduce your hours?

welcome again :-D :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby mrsellgee » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks Loubie

I really dont know what I am fit to do, just feel unable to most things at the moment
struggle on a daily basis and the amitryptiline does not help things, feel like a permanent hangover :cry:

Just need to wait and see what happens at my meeting,

thanks again :-D :cry:
mrsellgee
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:03 pm

how long have you been on the ammies?
they do take some getting used 2

try not to get so stressed as fibro feeds on it :roll:
i no easier said than done :lol:

go back to your gp if you are still not good pain wise
there are lots of other meds to try :yikes: :lol:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:40 am

:welcome: to the forum Hayley :wave: :wave:

Sorry to hear what you'll be facing at the end of the month, will you have someone like a union rep going with you to the meeting?? These things are so daunting, having someone with you, even for just moral support, can make a difference.

There is a lot of info and advice on here, hopefully you'll find some helpful suggestions amongst it :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

The amis can take about a month to get into your system and help, so they could need a little more time to take effect. As Loubie has said, there are other meds to be tried, either on their own, or taken in combination with others to try and manage things. It unfortunately can take a bit of trial and error to find the right mix for you :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Hello Everyone

Postby Bellalina » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:56 am

I'm sorry about your job. I am an EMT and I can't work in my field. Since 1 year I'm trying to find something new, no idea so far. I've been a paramedic all my life in Germany, so I became an EMT in the US, and now I'm nothing!
Bellalina
UKFM Member

Postby mrsellgee » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:51 pm

Thanks Loubie and Fluffypuppy

I will keep taking the amis and hopefully may find a bit of relief soon. :-)

Regarding being offered an alternative job from my employers, Occ health even reckon at the moment
I am not able to take a desk job etc. Just a bit daunting. You go from being in a full time job as well as running
about after the kids to suddenly being unable to do a lot of things including brushing your hair etc.
I am just so glad that i have found this site as I know i am not alone.

Hayley
mrsellgee
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi Hayley and :welcome: to the forum hope we can offer you the support you need :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:12 pm

:welcome: to the forum Hayley :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello