Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Trolldoll » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Hya my name is Samantha i am 42 (feel like 82 most of the time) :( . divorced for 10years ,two children aged 23 and 18. i am single and do not work . I have ankolosing spondylitis ,psoriatic arthritis and fibro. I was diagnosed when i was 36 but thinking back i now know i was suffering alot earlier ,just thought it was hard work that made me ache and pain. I have joined this forum in the hope of finding people who understand the way i feel without having to explain every symptom and what it feels like to be unable to do normal things.To be honest i feel really lonely and isolated but do not want to admit that to my family or friends ,no matter how hard i try they do not seem to "get it" right now i pray for a magic potion to take the fatigue away and let me enjoy my life now the kids have left home. I hope it's ok to moan and groan here? anyway thats pretty much me ,hoping i make some good understanding fellow sufferers as friends ! :needhug:
Trolldoll
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby shazq » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:16 pm

:welcome: to the forum Samantha :wave:

You have come to the right place for help & support and we have a good soundproof room for a good rant as well so dont worry about having a moan it helps to get it all out. :-D

Any questions just ask. :wine:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Trolldoll » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:54 pm

many thanks shazq for your welcome.Tbh its really daunting joining this site ....or any other concerning health.Its almost like accepting you can't quite do it on your own,no matter how hard you try.Anyway enough of that...lol.Where is this soundproof room again? :oops: :-?
Trolldoll
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:51 pm

:welcome: to the forum Samantha :wave: :wave:

I know what you mean about feeling daunting joining somewhere, when I first joined here, I was petrified to ask anything or reply to posts in case I was laughed at or shot down in flames. It didn't take long for me to realise what it's like on here tho, so hopefully you'll find out as well :clap: :clap:

Try not to look at joining us from the view that you can't quite do it on your own. Instead, you could try turning it into something along the lines of you're seeking help and support from other FMers who understand what it is like to live with this condition. As you find your way around, hopefully you'll find that, even with the rubbish that comes with FM, we try to keep a bit of positiveness bubbling away, and if we run out of that, there always :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] and :wine: :wine: :wine: we can resort to :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi Samantha and :welcome: to the forum dont worry we dont bite and hopefully we'll be able to offer you support when needed :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello