Update

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Update

Postby Mands1972 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:24 am

Hi there x

Just thought I would let you know that I have been to see a locum at the Dr's this morning. Still feel a tad fobbed off to be honest :roll: but she has asked me to have another blood test taken on Friday morning. She has said that from what I describe the symptoms could be FM or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

After the blood test I have been asked to book to see another GP who then could refer me to see a Rheumatologist.

I told her that the Fluoxitine was not working and she told me that it takes 3-4 months to work :roll: I said I had been told by two seperate Dr's it took 6-8 weeks and if it had not worked to come back and have it changed ... I said I feel like I am being fobbed off to which she replied, yes and I am fobbing you off too :evil: great!!!

Just want to say thank you again for all being very kind.

Love Mands xxx
Mands1972
UKFM Newbie

Re: Update

Postby sharon28 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi there Mands,

Well it doesn't appear that it was a wasted trip to the Dr's! Weldone you :0).

When i first tried to explain to a new dr i had just after i moved to the east midlands from down south (where i had a fantastic dr) she looked at me as if i had 2 heads. I was so scared to go back that i took my partner. Luckily saw a different dr who too was baffled but sympathetic and referred my to a Rhumatologist. Got diagnosed within what seemed to be minutes!! She asked me about my symptoms and did a physical examination. I now know she was applying pressure to the trigger points. I recieved a letter explaining saying i had 16 out of the 18 trigger/pressure points. I've ahve recently changed dr's surgeries and am fortunate to have found a lovely young dr.

Keep going Mands until you get that referral.

My very best wishes to you,

Sharon xx :cup1:
sharon28
UKFM Member

Re: Update

Postby Mands1972 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:06 pm

sharon28 wrote:Hi there Mands,

Well it doesn't appear that it was a wasted trip to the Dr's! Weldone you :0).

When i first tried to explain to a new dr i had just after i moved to the east midlands from down south (where i had a fantastic dr) she looked at me as if i had 2 heads. I was so scared to go back that i took my partner. Luckily saw a different dr who too was baffled but sympathetic and referred my to a Rhumatologist. Got diagnosed within what seemed to be minutes!! She asked me about my symptoms and did a physical examination. I now know she was applying pressure to the trigger points. I recieved a letter explaining saying i had 16 out of the 18 trigger/pressure points. I've ahve recently changed dr's surgeries and am fortunate to have found a lovely young dr.

Keep going Mands until you get that referral.

My very best wishes to you,

Sharon xx :cup1:

Awww thank you Sharon x

I think my thing is that I do not seem to see the same Dr as they are locum's - not that I have anything against locum's LOL.

I am so pleased that you have finally got a sympathetic Dr, and that must make a huge difference to you. I did read that apparently Dr's under 40 were more likely to know and understand the condition.

This locum did look at me strange and then said "you do realise that if you have FM there is nothing you can do" no maybe not but at the end of the day I have a diagnosis and will have a more detailed understanding of what I can do.

Thanks so much Sharon x

Love Mands xxx
Mands1972
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello