[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hope I have got the right place to post Hello ??

Hope I have got the right place to post Hello ??

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hope I have got the right place to post Hello ??

Postby willow1878 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi all I am Willow and I willl briefly tell you why I am here.

I consider that over the last 3 months I have just been unlucky !!
I had what was thought to be a heart attack in sept 2011, but it was a bout of Pericarditis, but due to being given a number of medications, Statins, Beta Blockers, Anti Inflamitries, Anti Biotics and much more that I didnt really need. I now have Stinging/Burning sensations all over my legs, arms, stomach, hips, buttocks.

I have no energy.
I get cold/numb feet, hands, hip.
I also get dreadful pressure headaches.
I never feel like ive been to bed.
I am forgetful and I keep moaning about trivial things.

I guess the question is am i suffering with some form of Nerve trouble ??, as 7 trips to A & E and all of my blood tests/ ECG's have come back good, yet I feel like my Batteries have run out and my Doctors havent got a clue. I have been prescribed with Amitryptilene, but I am frightend to take em as Ive had such a bad track record with Meds recently.

I realize that nobody can actually say "Yes this is your Problem" but it would be great to know if I am in the right place to get a bit of information and advice, as I have been struggling around on a stick for 2 months and I would like to know why .

Kind Regards.
Willow.
Nerves Firing, Head Ruined, Feet Kicked from Underneath Me, Tablets messing my system about, Walking with a Stick and My head is full of Cotton Wool, but I still have a sense of Humour (Thankfully)
willow1878
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hope I have got the right place to post Hello ??

Postby denys » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi Willow and :welcome: to the forum sorry to hear you are/have been suffering from so many symptoms but you will understand we are not health professionals and therefore are unable to say what you are suffering from, print out some of the information from here and from the NHS website and take it along to your doctor explaining why you think you may have FM (which incidentley is concerned with the muscles more than the nerves) and ask for a referral to a rhuematologist.

some doctors are more than happy to diagnose without referral and it may be so in your case, diagnosis often takes a long time and a lot of tests but while you are waiting have a look round the site and maybe you can find some of the answers you want, if not just ask and we'll try to help
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby willow1878 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:41 pm

Thank You for a very quick reply, I have an appointment being arranged for the Reumatology dept and in the mean time I have just been looking for ways to help myself as I spend the whole of my working life fixing stuff .
Kind Regards.
Willow
Nerves Firing, Head Ruined, Feet Kicked from Underneath Me, Tablets messing my system about, Walking with a Stick and My head is full of Cotton Wool, but I still have a sense of Humour (Thankfully)
willow1878
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:50 pm

hi willow
welcome to the forum
hope all goes well with the rheumatologist and you get some answers
its horrid when you don't know why your body hurts so much and very frustrating
as nobody seems to be listening to you either :yikes: :yikes:

just keep your self as busy as possible and take one day at a time
that's what i try to do now instead of worrying about tomorrow or next week :roll:

hope the cold is not hurting you as much as its hurting me at the min :yikes: :lol:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:05 pm

:welcome: to the forum willow.

I would keep going back to your gp to push for answers. Fibro does not show up in any tests so it can take a long time before you get a dx of it, the docs have to rule out other things first.

Hope you get some answers soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello