[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi from Barnet

Hi from Barnet

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi from Barnet

Postby TATT » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:44 am

Hello I am Sue and I have fibromyalgia/CFS. I am currently
struggling with pain and I am using Tramadol but I think it's
exacerbating my problems and I get terrible crashes. So any thoughts
on this would be great. I am 45 and I have 2 daughters thankfully
20 & 21. I am a burnt out counsellor/wife. I am really looking
forward to making new friends. X
TATT
UKFM Member

Re: Hi from Barnet

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:42 pm

:welcome:

Are you on any meds? for your fibro?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tazza » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Hello Sue :wave:
Tara xx

FM/CF June 2011
tazza
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi Shaz & Tazza,

yes I am taking tramadol which I think is brilliant as it gives me energy and takes away pain but really addicted and it's false energy so I have alot of crashes. But to be out of pain and feel normal for a bit seems worth it. Doctor wants me to taper off as they are highly addictive and has given me 30mg codeine to take in afternoon but tried 60mg and did not touch it. I have lost over half a stone as the tramadol suppresses the appetite and gives in seratonin so all in all I am benefitting but I am beginning to wonder if it's making me worse. Lately I hardly have good days and I detox from pills for a day and by day 2 I am in agony alongside feeling so uncomfortable in my body. I think this is like a start of withdrawl which I read can be bad. I only take one morning to get going and one at 3pm and only since 21st. Nov 10 so not a hard user. I get really confused and try to stop but then the pain becomes unbearable and I give in. Currently have constant lower back pain which is more difficult as I have got used to my pain coming and going. Does anyone else get that? I am really isolated as well. But not depressed as I have got things in perspective. Sorry to blurt but so enjoying talking to you all : )
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi
I get lots of back pain, i use a Tens machine when my pain gets really bad, also use hot water-bottles.

Tramadol is a good pain med, some docs are ok with you being on meds long term, you dont notice the addiction until you start to come off them and that when you get the dreaded withdrawal affects. :cry:

I know how you feel i have gone through it a number of times. :hugs:

Have you got a good GP? here is a link which might help you, its all about what meds are used to treat fibro, you could print it off and go through it with your gp if you are stuck with what meds to try.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shelleydwales » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:16 am

Hi sue,i was on tramadol,i also had terrible crashes,got to the stage that even the maximum dose didn't touch my back pain.
I was setting my alarm for 4 in morning just to take edge off so I could get up with the kids.
I am on pregabalin and butrans patches now ,they have really helped with my back pain,the patch especially as it is constantly in your system
I do take other meds aswell though.
Hope you get this sorted soon,as constant back pain is horrendous I know .

Shell xxx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi Sue and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello