[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New to this

New to this

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to this

Postby Jbc » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Hello new to fm and forums was diagnosed yesterday, been in constant pain tired for months was lucky as finally plucked up courage to visit gp and was referred really quick so confused at the moment trying to take it all in been trying to fight it but frightened I can't been reading through the forum and scared at what iread, been perscibed anti depressant and going to have hydro therapy, also waiting on appointment for brain scan as have been having real bad spells of dizziness where lose sight,and all feeling and leading unto these episodes my speech is confused it's like my brain knows what I want to say but can't get the words out also fall over my own feet and drop things. Sorry seem to be going on but scared not sure if this is all part of fm as said saw rheumatolgy yesterday and diagnosed same day referred to neurology and brain scan, family all supportive but I know how much they are worrying just wondered if anyone out there could help
Jbc
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to this

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:36 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum!!

What you're feeling at the moment is quite typical after you're told you have FM. When you start looking into it and what it could mean to you, the enormity of it seems to hit all at once :facepalm: :facepalm:

There is a lot of advice on here, hopefully you'll find some of it helpful. We also try to support each other with what FM brings along with it. Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 pm

:welcome: to the forum jbc

There is lots to take in and it will take time for it all to sink in, read up on as much info as you can so you know what you might be up against. We have lots of info and support on here and everyone is friendly so if you need to ask anything just shout someone will always answer you. :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Jbc » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Thanks feel very alone at the moment reading through the different posts
Jbc
UKFM Newbie

Postby shelleydwales » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi there:-) , you are not alone anymore, you have us!! We will allways be here when you need us!
I go through times when I feel I have had enough and no one understands,i think the first few months after diagnosis is the hardest.
If you need to talk,rant,scream or ask questions someone will always be here to listen!
Chin up chick!! Xxxxxxxx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello