[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi everyone! I'm new here.

Hi everyone! I'm new here.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi everyone! I'm new here.

Postby katier » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi everyone!

I just want to say hello and make contact with some fellow FM sufferers. I was finally diagnosed last week after the usual endless tests. I have been suffering with chronic fatigue for the last year or so and have always caught any illness going around since I had glandular fever badly when I was 18 (I'm now 30). Last year it got ridiculous, I didn't have one full week where I was well and I also started getting severe pain in my legs (I also have it all over my body but it is not as bad). I'm very grateful to finally know what it is so that I can start fighting/managing it properly!

Unfortunately I am going through a bad patch at the moment and because it has coincided with finally being diagnosed I'm sure that my boyfriend thinks it is all in my head. Last night was my Dad's 60th and the pain came on half way through some pre-dinner drinks. We had a dinner party at a friends house for 14 people so I went round in the afternoon to help but it wasn't stressful and I really didn't have to do much so I'm not sure what triggered it. Half way through dinner the pain got so bad I couldn't concentrate on what people were saying and was fighting off the tears. I got extra frustrated when my boyfriend told me to walk it off having read that exercise helps, but when you are in that much pain you can't move. Plus I couldn't bring myself to admit to a room full of people twice my age that I couldn't stand and was so exhausted when, because I'm younger, I'm supposed to be the spritely one, full of energy and helping to clear up.

How do you all cope with these sort of episodes. Has anyone found a good way to explain it to people without making it sound like you are being pathetic. I know I should just admit when I'm in pain but last night I really wanted everyone to enjoy themselves and not worry about me. I started taking Lyrica/Pregabalin today so hopefully that will help with the pain, but I don't want to become dependant on drugs because there are many days when I'm fine pain wise and only suffer from fatigue.

Sorry for the rant. I really only wanted to say hello but once I started....!
katier
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi everyone! I'm new here.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:28 pm

:welcome: to the forum katier :wave: :wave:

Sorry to hear last night was marred for you, this happens to so many of us at the most inappropriate times :facepalm: :facepalm:

There is a lot of info and advice on here that you may find helpful. There are topics that can help with giving nonFMers a bit of an idea of how things for us, (One For The Non~Believers, The Spoon Theory) which you may find useful for explaining to your family and friends how things feel.

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum Katier :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi Katier and :welcome: to the forum hope we can offer you support
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby difly » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi i am also new to the forum and can identify with what you are experiencing like you I have been resistent to taking medication but for the past 6 weeks have been taking pregabalin and I have noticed small changes not as much fatique and although the pain comes in waves it has been manageable , suppose the key is to pace ourselves and conserve energy when we can for those special occasions keep thinking positive Difly
difly
UKFM Member

Postby katier » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks! It's so good to know that there are others out there who fully understand and are going through it as well.

Difly I'm glad the meds are helping you a bit and yes we must stay positive!
katier
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello