[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Tillymint » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi all,

I have been reading your posts for the last year and thought it was about time I registered and said hello.

My name is Jackie and I'm 39 (big 40 this year!! :yikes: ) I have had Fibro since the traumatic birth of my daughter 3 years ago and was diagnosed 18 months ago.
I spent a year thinking I had MS and drove my husband round the bend googling my symptoms on a daily basis. Yes I know.....not the thing to do!!

Anyway, here I am now struggling with the day to day routine of life, bringing up 4 children and working 30 hours a week.
My husband is out at work for 12 hours a day so thank goodness for the in-laws!

The worst things for me about Fibro is that it's invisible and I have to constantly remind my husband of my limitations. I don't want to speak ill of him because he does try his best but he's not a thinker and anything he does is usually because I've had to tell him. Some days I don't have the energy to even talk and he puts this down to me being grumpy and not the FM?!!

Also, I hate the feeling of anxiety that plagues me, even when I am relaxed and happy and have nothing to be anxious about, I can still feel it bubbling away. I have tried anti-depressants from the GP but had terrible side effects (mainly migraines).
I'm on Amitripline (spelling?) but only take one now and again due to the 'hangover' the following morning.

I must admit, the last 3 years have been the worst of my life and I just feel like I need to find peace (and I do'nt mean for an hour while the kids are at the in-laws lol)

I have accepted that this is me now and theres no going back to the old me. If I could just get rid of this anxiety feeling......

I hope this post makes sense especially as its my first and I don't want you all thinking I'm a bit bonkers!! :crazy:

Take care
Jackie
xxx
Tillymint
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:05 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jackie :wave: :wave:

Enjoy your big 4 0 when you reach it this year :clap: :clap: :clap:

There's no need to worry about coming across as a bit :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: It's :crazy: :crazy: that keeps most of us going on here :clap: :clap: :clap:

With you being a background reader, you'll already know about the sort of info and advice there is on here.

With you having the hangover feeling with the amis, have you tried taking them at different times to see if you can reduce the effects?? Some people find taking them a couple of hours or so before they go to bed can help, whereas others have found taking them 12 hours before they want to get up can help reduce the effects.

That anxious feeling that lurks around all the time is horrible, and seems to affect a lot of us at some time or another :facepalm: :facepalm: It affects me as well, I find feeling on edge all the time so draining, and what really gets me about it, just like you, is when it kicks in when there's no need for it :facepalm: :facepalm: To help with it, I take a beta blocker, which is also used to help with my migraines. Just wondering if something like that might be worth you asking your GP about :dunno: :dunno:

It's good that you've managed to reach the acceptance stage, a lot of us are still trying to find our way there. Sadly the old you, just like the old me, has gone to a different place, probably with the minds that always get lost when FM strikes :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi Jackie and :welcome: to the forum glad you decided to join us and dont worry about anyone thinking you are bonkers as we are all :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lolabolla » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Welcome to the madhouse, you're among like minded friends here :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:13 pm

:welcome: Jackie, glad you joined :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tazza » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Hello Jackie :wave:

I am deffo :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :-D

I am also on ami's, but i now take mine at teatime, most of the time, 7pm at the latest
otherwise i get the ami hangover
Tara xx

FM/CF June 2011
tazza
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello