I'm a newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I'm a newbie

Postby Wallis » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi my name is Clare and im 42 years old.

Finally after over three long painful years and back n forth to hospital appts have at long last been diagnosed Fibromyalgia. At long last I have an official name of whats wrong, instead of just saying to friends and family dont know yet. Hopefully will gain loads from the forum, and know that im not going bonkers!
Wallis
UKFM Newbie

Re: I'm a newbie

Postby PoppyFlux » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi Clare & :welcome:

I totally know what you mean about going bonkers.. although I think we're all bonkers here anyway :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: in a nice fun way hehe

Great news on getting your dx, I know some people say it's just a label but I think it really helps to know what's wrong, it gives you the opportunity to research and find coping strategies, as well as being able to talk to others going through the same thing that can share the burden and provide support on bad days, and laugh alongside you over silly things we all say or do etc on good days.
Having supportive family and friends is great, but nothing beats being able to talk to someone who truly understands how it feels to have this condition.

You'll find lots of info and advice etc here, and a great bunch of people who are all here for each other :grouphug: :grouphug:
PoppyFlux
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:58 pm

:welcome: to the forum Clare :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tazza » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:08 pm

:wave: Hello Clare
Tara xx

FM/CF June 2011
tazza
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:09 pm

:welcome: to the forum Clare :wave: :wave:

I'm afraid being bonkers is an essential part of joining us on here, so you need to embrace the :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so hopefully you'll find some useful suggestions that help you :cup1: :cup1: We also try to support each other thru what comes along with FM :grouphug: :grouphug:

If there's anything you want to know, just ask away and we'll see what sort of answer we can come up with for you :clap: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shelleydwales » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:31 pm

Welcome Clare!!
Good to have you with us!!
Shell xx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby Wallis » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanx everyone - the forum has loads of interesting topics, and looking forward to checking in regular :-D
Wallis
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi Claire and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello