[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hello guys!

hello guys!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello guys!

Postby wee_g83 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and document my journey infront of some sympathetic eyes on here. I know you guys understand, more than most, just how hard it can be to find a sympathetic listener/reader/shoulder to cry on sometimes. I have been reading this site for a while but have never been brave enough to post anything. However, events of the past week have left me feeling truly disheartened and questioning myself and my illness. I didnt know where else to turn to. I dont like to burden people with my problems/pain and often put a brave face on things when im screaming on the inside, but im hoping you guys dont mind me moaning on here and i hope im able to help any of you if i can.

Im guessing a bit of background info might be helpful here. Im 28 and have been suffering symptoms for nearly 4 years. All my symptoms are from my waist down (which confuses my GP no end!). The pain in my lower spine is severe and very debilitating, its on both sides and travels down both legs. Everything from my waist down is numb but occasionally i experience pins and needles/tingling for hours. I know this sounds contradictory, its so hard to explain. Its like the pain is bone deep and it the skin and middle areas that are numb. I have very little sensation if the skin on my legs is touched or pricked (im sure you know the needle test!). I suffer from occasional migraines and have IBS like symptoms most days. Ive had EVERY test know to the medical profession. Ive been referred to both a psychiatrist and psychologist who gave me a clean bill of mental health. I take a variety of tablets including morphine, dicloflenac, pregablin, duloxotine and co codamol. I was diagnosed with fibro by a rheumy in 2009 although this has since been questioned by docs and other fibro sufferers alike.

Im feeling so lost at the min. Im not sure what my next move in this battle against fibro should be. Im tired of putting on my 'smiley face' (as my husband calls it). Im feeling more hopeful after finding this forum and already realising the benefits of communicating with other fibro sufferers. Thanks so much for listening guys! xx
wee_g83
UKFM Newbie

Re: hello guys!

Postby lolabolla » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Oh you poor love.
Fibro can effect us all in lots of unique ways so not everyone has exactly the same symptoms or type of pain.
There is so much information on here to help you and everyone is very sincere and genuine.

Lola xx

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:04 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm sorry to hear what you've gone thru in trying to get a reason for your problems. I know how frustrating it is to be told you have and be treated for one condition, only to have that dx questioned by the "experts" :facepalm: :facepalm:

The thing that stood out to me when reading your post was the fact that it's your lower body that is affected. Where FM is concerned, it is usually all 4 quadrants of the body that are affected. However, as Lola has said, this condition affects us all so very differently, so you having your lower body affected could be how FM is for you.

TBH tho, what you have described sounds more like a problem my mother had. She had problems with several discs in her lower back which were pinching various nerves, giving her symptoms very similar to what you have. This was only discovered by a neurologist, after various scans and tests, and ended up with her needing 2 operations to sort things out for her. Not sure if you've already been referred and investigated for something like this :-? :-? If you haven't tho, it may be worth seeing what your GP thinks about the idea.

In the mean time tho, there could be something in amongst the loads of info and advice you'll find on here that you find helpful. Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:

I have never come across anyone having fibro just in their lower body, everyone is normally affected throughout their body.

We have lots of info on here, any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby wee_g83 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm

OMG I cant believe its been a week since i was last on the forum, where has the time gone??
Thank you all for your kind replies and warm welcomes :)

@Fluffy Puppy - Thank you for the info on your mother, unfortunatly the MRI i had recently showed no disc damage at the area of my pain, nor did it show any reason for my inability to walk. There is damage but it is higher up the spine and doesnt give me many problems. Thankfully im out of the wheelchair now and through physio i am able to walk again. Just left in this undiagnosable (is this even a word??) pain. Thank you for taking the time to share the story about your mother, i hope she has recovered and is doing well.

Big gentle hugs. xxx
wee_g83
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Glad you haven't any disc damage, as seeing my mother and how she was affected was really upsetting. She's recovered now and pretty much back to normal, she just has to make a few allowances for limitations in how she can move and what she can do.

I really hope you can get some answers soon as to what is causing your pain and problems, as it's so frustrating not knowing what is happening and why. I think you've done amazingly well getting out of the wheel chair and walking again, it just shows what can happen when you find that something that works for you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shelleydwales » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi weeg,
My pain started in my back and legs
Gradually spreading after years of pain,my killer pain is still below my waist and nothing ever relieves it,i feel for you hun.
Im so glad you found the confidence to post,welcome hun!!!xxx
Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello