[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hi everyone

hi everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi everyone

Postby megstaff » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Just want to say hi, i've been reading on here a few weeks and finally plucked up the courage. I was diagnosed by rheumy last friday with fibromyalgia, im not sue how i feel exactly, relief that its finally got a name i guess.
A little about me, ive been having pains etc in neck shoulder back arms n legs for the last 10 yrs, i've had surgery on both arms for carpel tunnel and ulner nerve release in the last 4 yrs but pains and pins and needles still there, im currently recieving councelling for post traumatic stress disorder following the death of my 19 yr old son 24th dec 2008, this im having real problems dealing with.
work finished me on 6th dec for being off since may, so im now on the first stages of esa, and boy am i struggling.im in constant pain and the pills the docs given dont seem to be helping, they make me sleepy and groggy in the morning but i just dont sleep, im lucky to have 3 hours, somehow i just keep going on auto pilot i think, anyway im rambling im sorry, feeling pretty low atm but just wanted to say hello.
megstaff
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi everyone

Postby denys » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi Megstaff :welcome: to the forum so sorry to hear about your son and hope we can offer you support
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:38 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:

Sorry to hear about your son :hugs:

We have lots of info on the forum so hope it will be of help to you. Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:56 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm so sorry to hear about your son, I hope the counselling will help you find things a little easier to manage :hugs: :hugs:

It's not unusual to have a mix of feelings when you're told you have FM. There is so much to take in, process and try and make sense of. Don't try to rush yourself thru things, find things out and how they are relevant to you at the right speed for you. Hopefully then you'll find the right way for you to live with FM.

It's also not unusual to have lots of questions whizzing around after being given your dx. If you have a look around the form, you may find some answers that you were looking for. You will also find lots of advice and suggestions that you may find helpful as there is a lot of info on here as well.

Anything you're unsure about, or just want to know, ask away and we'll see how we can help you with it :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shelleydwales » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:08 am

Hi megstaff
So sorry to hear of the loss off your son.
I just wanted to say welcome to the forum,looking forward to getting to know you !! Xxx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby megstaff » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:17 am

Thank you for the welcome everyone, Ive got docs today to sort out new meds as rheumy have prescribed amitrityline or gabapentin. So we'll see if thats any good. Aching so much this mornoing and had bout 3 hours sleep. Miss my son Jason very much and find this time of the yr so hard. We just about made it thru Christmas this time, theres me and my 3 other children. I used to love Christmas but since he died 3 yrs ago on Christmas Eve its so difficult to enjoy. This yr i did xmas dinner a wk earlier, it did help a little just got to find ways to get thru it i guess.
thanks again for the welcome, i will probably be asking a few questions in future, hope you all dont mind.
megstaff
UKFM Newbie

Postby shelleydwales » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Hi megstaff,howd you get on a docs? Quite a few of us here are sleep deprived!! Im on amatriptaline and find they help me drop off sometimes although I still don't get as much as id like.:roll:
It must all still be very raw for you with the loss of your son,Christmas is a difficult time when you have lost someone you love,we lost my grampy on boxing day a few years ago.
My heart goes out to you,no mother should ever have to go through what you are hun.
Thinking of you xxxd

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby megstaff » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:11 pm

thank you for your thoughts Shell, I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy hun. Its certainly changed what i view as important in life these days, and thats my other children.
As for docs i havent been able to get appointment yet, with my surgery u have to ring day u want one at 8am trying to get thru is a nightmare and by the time u do all times have gone. Gonna try again in the morning, need some sleep.
thanks again
megstaff
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello