Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby rockposer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:31 pm

Thought I ought to start this off by saying hello to everyone, it's important to start off on the right foot!

A little about myself & my symptoms etc -

I'm a 44 year old man who was initially diagnosed with fibro about two years ago. After a visit last year to Prof Davis's clinic at Guys' it's also been suggested that I have ME as well.

I'm somehow managing to still work full time although I certainly pay for it come the weekend! The pain side of things I have under control due to the excellent support from my 'local' pain clinic. As for the fatigue side of things, let's just say it's starting to win the battle and I'm slowly sinking into depression.
I have my cheery days and my dark days although I'm not seriously depressed so as to cause myself harm or anything like that. It was suggested that I try CBT but the waiting list for someone with more than the standard NHS knowlege of fibro/ME is currently 12 months.

Any advice is welcome, a lot of advice I've got from http://menwithfibro.com/community/index.php but I'm looking at specifically advice for men in the UK.

Hope I've made sense as I'm in a bit of a fog.
rockposer
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby denys » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi Rockposer and :welcome: to the forum :wave: hope we can offer you some support, there are plenty of men on here and I'm sure they will be able to give you advice
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby rockposer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Thank you denys
rockposer
UKFM Newbie

Postby shelleydwales » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi rockposer,
Welcome!! :-D

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:40 pm

:welcome: to the forum Rockposer :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tazza » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:48 pm

:wave: Hello
Tara xx

FM/CF June 2011
tazza
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:00 pm

:welcome: to the forum rockposer :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

As Denys has said, we have some other men on here, altho you are part of an endangered species compared to us of the fairer sex :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: With all the info we have, hopefully you'll find some male~specific advice to help you. Depending on what you're looking for or wanting to know, some of us of the female persuasion may be able to help you as well :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello