[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello!

Hello!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello!

Postby sammiesu » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Hello everyone, I'm so happy to find such an amazing forum, with lots of information and advice!

I'll start by telling you all a little bit about me...
I've just turned 21 and I'm studying at University in London. I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome when I was 14 years old, after recovering from Pneumonia, and I've had it ever since. Recently, last July, I had a bad fall and severely injured my back, neck and shoulders. So I've been having Physiotherapy treatment, and will soon be seeing a Rheumatologist. My doctor has now also diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia, as well as Restless Leg Syndrome, which I thought was linked with Fibro anyhow. I've also had IBS for a long time now, I can't remember when I started with it.

I know a little about Fibromyalgia as my mum has it, and she gets very bad with it often. However, I'm researching it a lot online and actually discovering I may have had it from an earlier age than diagnosed. I'm currently on a concoction of drugs, including: kapake, diclofenac, amitriptyline and omeprazole. They do help, but they I'm still left with pain that is moderate. Does anyone know of any other medicines that are very effective with either pain or sleep problems? Also, I don't know whether this has anything to do with Fibro, but does anyone have problems keeping their feet and hands warm?

Looking forward to hearing your advice, as well as contributing as much as possible to these forums! :)
sammiesu
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:37 pm

:welcome: to the forum sammiesue :squirrel_nut: :squirrel_nut:

Sorry to hear you have FM. There are some others on here who are around your age so you're not alone :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hopefully the advice and info we have on here will be of help to you in your research quest. We also try to support each other thru the rubbish that comes along with FM.

This linky tells you about some of the meds used for FM As to whether they will be effective for you, that's not easy to say as what may help one of us may not make a difference to another, so the only way to find out is to try something and see how it goes.

Problems with temperature control are part of FM, including trying to keep hands and feet warm. One thing we do say tho is that anything new, worsening, or generally giving cause for concern is always best being checked out by a GP or other suitable healthcare professional, just to be sure that there isn't something else causing the problem.

Anything you want to know about, just ask about it and we'll see how we can help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shelleydwales » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:30 am

Hi sammiesu, welcome to the forum :-D. Xx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby tazza » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:39 pm

:wave: Hello sammiesu
Tara xx

FM/CF June 2011
tazza
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:08 pm

:welcome: to the forum sammiesue :wave:

We have lots of info on the forum, any questions just ask :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:09 am

Hi sammiesu and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello