first time forum user

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

first time forum user

Postby charlene1980 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:30 am

Hi i am so pleased to have found a site that has so much useful information. My name is Charlene i am a 31yr old single mum of 2 young boys age 3 and 5yrs,i was diognosed with fibromyalgia in may 2011 i have suffered constant pain especially in my knee and hips for over 5yrs so glad to finally have a diognosis rather than feel like gp thinks i am a hypocondriact which was how it felt at times.I am no longer in work as i find it very difficult with this condition and looking after 2 kids i am in the prosess of applying for dla but thats a nightmare at the moment. I find it very hard to explain to other people what the condition is and why it feels so incapacitating at times especially my family who think i am just being lazy when i cancel things at short notice as i am to sore or exhausted. Anyway big hi to everyone sorry for ranting on :lol:
charlene1980
UKFM Newbie

Re: first time forum user

Postby shelleydwales » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:11 am

Hi charlene,welcome!!
Hopefully as your familly learn more about fibro they will become more understanding.
I have a little boy who is 4 1/2, lil bundle of energy that wears me out just watching him lol!!
It's hard work trying to keep the kiddies sorted whilst battling this illness.
Nice to meet you!! Shell xx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby tazza » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:49 pm

:wave: Hello charlene

Only seems like yesterday my children was little,but there now teenagers
14 & 16 yr old girls and 19yr old son
Tara xx

FM/CF June 2011
tazza
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:04 pm

:welcome: to the forum charlene :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 pm

:welcome: to the forum charlene :wave: :wave:

It's hard having looking after 2 small people at the best of times, let alone when you have FM thrown into the mix :facepalm: :facepalm: It is possible to still have fun and quality time with them, it just takes a bit of time to find the right balance of things for all of you. My son was 4 when things started to appear for me, so only knows me with FM. He'll be 16 this year, and has turned out pretty good, we did our own mix of things, when he needed longer times to do things, I took everyone's offers to help up, which gave him what he needed, as well as a bit of a break for me. Steadily find what you can comfortably do with them, then you can start working into a daily/weekly routine/scheme for all of you.

There is a lot of info and advice on here, including some threads that do a good job of explaining what it is like to live with FM, which you may find helpful in trying to get your family to understand things. We also try to support each other thru the trials and tribblations that come along with FM.

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:05 am

Hi Charlene and :welcome: to the forum :wave: some of the problems you are experiencing seem to crop up time and time again especially getting family to understand and as Flup has said there are a lot of topics on here that may help look around and if you need answers just ask :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherrybee » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:14 am

Hi charlene, :welcome: hope you'll find lots of info,
friendship,x
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby crystalkaz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:00 am

Hi Charlene :welcome: to forum
Everyone so helpful on here, such a friendly bunch.
:grouphug:
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:59 am

Hi Charlene, :welcome: to the Forum.

I too am 31, although not a mum yet. As has already been said we are a friendly lot! Don't listen to those who would call you lazy, they would soon change their minds if they had to live with what we do everyday.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby wendie1963 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:35 am

Hie Im also new on here. Im Wendy, 48, mum of 5, grandma of 2, foster carer of many. I was diagnosed in September last year but after many years of trips to the drs with one symptom after another. It all finally came out not long after being diagnosed with gluten intolerance and 3rd episode of neuralgia. I'm really glad to have found this site to talk to people who understand what we are going through and not to have the look of "whats up with you?". I am fairly lucky that alot of my friends are very understanding but you can soon tell the ones that aren't.
Anyway hie to all and hope to get to know some of you better over the coming weeks. :wave:
wendie1963
UKFM Newbie

Postby cherrybee » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:40 am

Hi Wendy :wave: welcome to the forum, lots of nice
people to chat to or have a rant :welcome: :-)
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:58 pm

:welcome: to the forum Wendi :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Roseofsharon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:37 pm

:welcome: Charlene and Wendi
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby shelleydwales » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi charlenne and Wendy,
Welcome to the forum:-D !!

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi Wendy :welcome: to the forum
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello