Newbie to the forum :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie to the forum :)

Postby Cazzabelle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:39 am

So pleased I found this forum!

My name is Caz and im 29yrs from Northampton. i was finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in October 2011.After years of misdiagnosis and tests that came up blank.
The Rhumatologist has referred me to podiatry and physio.

Currently off sick after 13 weeks in my new job sickness free. Think I have the office lurgy. But I rarely ever show the common symptoms of a cold or flu. Just seems to make the FMS symptons 10 times worse. Dreading calling the office again today as i know they dont understand.

Currently just on 25mg of amitriptyline but think i need to go back as im not getting the benfits like I once was.

This illness has turned my world upside down. Now feel like im losing my friends becsause of it as they dont understand and now giving up inviting me anywhere. Alas i just cant do the bingedrinking late nights anymore. i have stopped drinking, cut down on caffiene and fizzy drinks and cutting out wheat. FMS was one of the reasons i split up with partner as he was really starting to resent it and mademe feel bad for just trying to ensure the house was ticking over....

But despite it all i am a very positive person and will flipping get to grips with it and not let it beat me...rawr!
Cazzabelle
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie to the forum :)

Postby denys » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi Caz and :welcome: to the forum, sorry to hear you are poorly again hope you get sorted soon and hopefully we will be able to offer you support :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby garytees » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:36 pm

Afternoon caz and welcome 2 the fm :goodluck2: :welcome: :chicken-dance: :yikes: gaz here ; i hav had fibromyaliga over 3 years now and i :-| :cry: t is very nasty illness. All us fm people on this fourm hav so many different symptons; like fibro fog bowel problems legs arm s neck chest you name it and someone somewhere will hav fm ! but u dont need 2 hav the flu or a virus 2 hav fm. Myself my main fm problem frm fm is my neck which gets bak at me big time :evil: with me living with a pain level of 8 out of ten but i try 99 times out of 100 to try and look on the bright side of life maybe some times with gritted teeth you try and find a le vel 2 cope withon a day 2 day basis and with fm you cant beat it as there is no cure ;but u can draw with it :crazy: so chin up it could be worse u could like listenin to jedward or steps or anythin else cheezy like i do :roll: and we are all in the same fm boat and here 2 help each other on this form; goodluck frm gaz.
garytees
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:06 pm

hi cas i am still waiting for a diagnosis but have not been well for about 3yrs i have found alot of my so called friends have stopped getting in touch because they cant or dont want to understand one person i thought would stand by me after 30 0dd years has said some very cutting things but now i have a few friends who i know are true i would rather have afew than pretenders now if they dont take me as i am then its there loss hope you feel better soon x
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:21 pm

:welcome: to the forum Caz :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

Sorry to hear what you've gone thru with the relationship ending and friends not being understanding :( :( Sadly it's something that most of us have experienced at some point :facepalm: :facepalm: If you want to try and get your friends to understand a little more, there are some topics on here that could help, One For The Non~Believers http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4732 and The Spoon Theory http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1761

There is a lot of other info on here you may find helpful, and we do our best to support each other thru all the rubbish that FM drags along with it.

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:14 pm

:welcome: Caz :wave:

we have lots of info on here and have some great supporting fibromites so if theres anything you need just shout, one of us will answer. :wine:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby katier » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi Caz and Welcome! I'm new on here too.

I'm just 30 and was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago after the usual round of various doctors and tests. I work freelance in television and advertising production but spent most of last year having to turn down jobs as I would be so run down with various illnesses after the previous job, so I feel your pain on the job front.

I actually had glandular fever very badly when I was 18 and wouldn't be at all surprised if I've had FM since then. I've had my good times and my bad times, but one thing I clearly remember is how bad my friends were at understanding when I was 18. Because of it I now don't have any friends left over from my school days. It sounds like you are going through similar problems and it is something I am currently going through again in trying to explain my FM. I pushed myself into going to a house party on Saturday night and it was with a bunch of people I hadn't met before. I explained to the people I did know - my boyfriend and housemates, that I would come but wouldn't drink and if it got too much I would take myself home early. Luckily it wasn't very far from my house. The difficulty really came in trying to explain to people I didn't know why I wasn't drinking, but luckily everyone was understanding and I ended up having a ball and left with the others!! I used to love partying and it is something I really miss and I hate that I find myself thinking of myself as boring. Doesn't help that my boyfriend jokingly says it, so I wonder if he means it deep down.

I've printed off information about Fibro so that when I explain it to friends they can read it if they want too. This helps with some people but others can't be bothered. I think maybe you have to adapt the way you explain it to the person you are explaining it too. And if people can't be understanding, maybe you are better off without them? It's harsh but good friends are what help you through the tougher times. Anyway, this has turned into an essay ... sorry. Just you're story sounded so like mine I let myself go!
katier
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello