symptoms

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

symptoms

Postby mymum » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:20 pm

hi everyone

could you please help the docs and hosp haven"t diagnosed but my mum gets all these symptoms and they sound very much like fibro; severe pain, very stiff in the morning,tiredness ,headaches and insomnia due to pain. I just wondered if anyone eles had these symptoms as she cant lift her arms above her head as shoulders very painful and lock and has got a hard little lump come up on foot and hand ? As she also has this but couldnt see anyone eles talking about it on here?
mymum
UKFM Newbie

Re: symptoms

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:57 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Bless you for trying to find out what is wrong with your mum :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

We can't say if your mum has fibro or not, all we can really do is say which of your mum's symptoms we've also experienced. Fibro isn't an easy condition to have diagnosed as it can seem like it is another condition at first, which then needs looking into to see what it is. Fibro also shares a number of symptoms with other illnesses/conditions, which all need looking into and ruling out before a fibro diagnosis is usually given.

Have you spoken to your mum about what you've found out relating to her symptoms and things?? If not, it might be an idea to have a talk with her and see what she thinks as well. From there, it would be worth her going to see her GP to talk about the possibility of her problems being due to Fibro, and see what they suggest happens next.

There is a lot of info and advice about how we try to manage life with fibro, so it might be worth showing your mum the site and forum as there may be some helpful suggestions and ideas for her. And if there's anything your mum or you want to know about, if you just ask, we'll see how we can help with an answer for you both :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mymum » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Thank-you for replying, shes undergoing lots of test but so far to no avail back to hosp on friday where we will mention this. Ive told her all about this and she has all the symtoms i just couldnt see anyone mention the arm lifting or the lumps that she has just wondered if anyone with fm has those.
mymum
UKFM Newbie

Postby war veteran » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:41 pm

something you didnt menton has your mum got depression anxiety moddswings or anything similar
tbh i never known anybody having fibro without some mental illness :-D :-D
war veteran
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:23 pm

mymum wrote:Thank-you for replying, shes undergoing lots of test but so far to no avail back to hosp on friday where we will mention this. Ive told her all about this and she has all the symtoms i just couldnt see anyone mention the arm lifting or the lumps that she has just wondered if anyone with fm has those.

The thing with a condition like fibro is, that altho we all share a range of symptoms, it affects us all so very differently. For example, the problem your mum has with lifting up her arms and her shoulders locking up is similar to something I sometimes experience. For me tho, the locking up lasts for about half a minute, then my shoulder joint cracks really loudly, cause me a lot of pain, then I can carry on moving it, even tho I'm still hurting from it happening.

The lumps coming up on her hands and feet isn't something I've come across either, but that doesn't mean it isn't a part of fibro, or whatever condition it turns out your mum has. Sometimes there are individual symptoms that can't easily be explained as part of an illness, instead they can just appear out of the blue, hang around for a while, then vanish as quickly as they appeared.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to mention the possibility of fibro being the reason for your mum's pain and things at her next appt, esp if her test results come back and don't show anything up. If you want to let us know how things go on Friday, it would be good to hear about it :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi mymum and :welcome: I cant lift my arms above my head nor can a lot of members due to pain in the shoulder/neck area
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:28 pm

hi war veteran. i have a friend with fibro and some much worse illnesses. she has no mental health problems in the slightest. i expect more rather less of us do suffer from depression but it's definitely not everyone. A x
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi mymum :welcome:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby annieh » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:33 am

hi
i was diagnosed with fm last year but think ive probably had it alot longer but has been maked by other health problems i have. i have been unable to raise my arms above my head fo a very long time, i struggle with drying my hair, have been unable to hang washing on a line for a few yearstoo. i hope your mum gets sorted very soon take care annieh :lol:
annieh
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum annieh :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:16 pm

:welcome: to the forum annieh :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, hopefully you'll find some helpful bits in amongst it all :penguin: :penguin:

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello