hey i'm new :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hey i'm new :)

Postby jayne_333 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:41 pm

i'm so happy i have found this website and this forum. i hope to learn a lot from other poeples experiences and share my own to maybe help others too, and generally have somewhere to express myself to people who are going through the same as me on a day yo day basis.

so here's the Basics
I'm Jayne , 19 years old and from the Midlands (Northamptonshire to be exact) . i have had suspected fibromyalgia since 11th Jan 2012 but today 8th Feb i have officially been diagnosed with Fibro by my Hospital consultant. i also have a extreme vitamin D deficiency and suffer from the skin condition eczema too.
i am currently on Painkillers (Tramdol) , Antidepressant (citalopram) just for my fibro not to treat depression and i am also on Vitamin D (20,000 units a day) . i am looking to change my painkillers to something different as it does not work so well any more for different symptoms and pains.
I work as a nursery nurse across town , but i have been signed off since January 11th until further notice. As i am not in the state to work at the moment.

i suffer from most of the usual symptoms that come with fibromyalgia. Sore legs,knees, arms, hands, feet, shoulders, back you know pretty much any bones and joints hurt . i have no energy and struggle to do most day to day activities, lifting , walking and other things. i sleep pretty much 15 hours a day and forever unrefreshed and tired. my appetite is completely random and one minute i can eat the house empty, or i can not even want to see food at all. and a few other symptoms here and there.

i also walk with a walking stick , which causes a lot of people to stare as they are seeing a apparently well looking 19 year old girl walking along with a stick . but i am getting used to the reactions from people.
jayne_333
UKFM Newbie

Re: hey i'm new :)

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:12 pm

:welcome: to the forum jayne, glad you've found us :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so hopefully you'll find some useful bits that might help you. Anything you want to know about, just ask away and we'll see how we can help you with it :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:57 pm

:wave: hi jayne

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:53 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jayne. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello