[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I think I have fm -now what to do ?

I think I have fm -now what to do ?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I think I have fm -now what to do ?

Postby sparklepants80 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have just joined this forum for help and advice,I have been ill for around 5 years and thought I had problems with periods and have been to every hospital in my area and had all sorts of tests but they can not find anything wrong.
I was sat in pain last night and decided to put my symptoms in the laptop and see what came up as I am so sick of being in pain .
I came across Fibromyalgia and it sounds like I have this ,where do I go from here if anyone can direct me please.

my symptoms are

: always feeling tired and more so if I do the smallest task.
: I have pain in neck, back , arms ,hips,legs.
:I have lumps in my legs ,had MRI scan and they told me it was just a fatty lump to leave it and when I get pain they inject it with painkillers and it hurts more.
I get bad headaches a lot.
I feel sick a lot, get bad taste in my mouth.
I get really bad heavy painful periods.
I think I have IBS, as have all the symptoms and i'm always bloated.
I cant eat a lot of foods or i'm really ill, cant use certain things , cant stand noise or bright light, or smells make me really sick or i sneeze.
I hurt when i'm touched or knocked.
I get itchy skin and boils, even in my hair.
I get spasms and vulva pain.
I cant sleep , have pain when stay in one place to long ,cold hands and feet , restless legs.
I feel so ill in morning when I wake ,it feels like I have been drinking all night then been trampled on .
I suffer panic attacks , cry for no reason and get really down.
have pain if I have intercourse and after is a nightmare and I cant move for the pain.
I get brainfog where I dont answer people and they think I'm being rude or I stop mid sentence as I dont know what I'm saying, I forget how to spell and how to do things.
Thers a lot more things to list ,I could go on and on .......

I hope some one can help, I dont know how much more I can take of feeling ill and in pain , the doctor takes no notice , my partner ,family and friends must be sick of me always being ill and I feel like I'm letting my children down by always being tired and ill .

Any advice welcomed x :-)
sparklepants80
UKFM Newbie

Re: I think I have fm -now what to do ?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:29 pm

:bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: and :welcome: to the forum :teddy-bear:

First of all, I hope you'll appreciate that we can't say if you have FM or not as none of us on here are qualified to do so. To get a definite diagnosis, you need a qualified medical person such as a rheumatologist or maybe a GP who understands the nature of your various symptoms and problems.

With what you have said about your GP, is there another one at your surgery you could see instead?? Maybe ask if there is a GP who has some experience dealing with chronic pain conditions :dunno: :dunno: If there isn't a suitable one, then you may need to consider finding a new one who will be more helpful and understanding.

When you do find a suitable GP, or if you decide to give your current one another chance, if you take some details with you about your various symptoms and things, and explain how you think it fits in with FM, then hopefully your GP will then start things off for looking into the cause of your problems.

It can take a while to get the answer to your problems tho as something like FM isn't a straight forward condition to diagnose. There are a lot of symptoms that overlap with other conditions, plus FM can sometimes be mistaken for other illnesses, and all of these things need ruling out before a definite diagnosis can be made.

In the meantime, while you consider the next step to take, have a look around the site as there is a lot of info and advice on here that you may find useful. And if there is something you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shelleydwales » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Hey sparklepants,
Welcome to the forum:-D ,i agree with flup!!
Hope you get some answers soon xxxx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, cant really add anything else to what Flup has already said so here's hoping you get some answers soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:46 pm

:welcome: to the forum

I would just keep going back to your GP until you get the answers. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby sparklepants80 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi Everyone :-D ,

Thank you for your replies, I have made an appointment to see my Doctor and I am preparing some notes and information to take with me to see if I can get them to send me for some tests to find out what is going on.

Thanks for the welcome, I will be looking around the site for lots of information, I'm feeling in a better mood today. :-)
sparklepants80
UKFM Newbie

Postby shelleydwales » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:38 am

Hi sparklepants,
Glad you are feeling brighter :smile:
Good luck at doctors,don't be fobbed of,if you get the response you hav had befor, book with a new doctor!
Let us know how you get on
Xx
Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Glad today's a bit brighter for you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello