[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello everyone

Hello everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello everyone

Postby Carrie77 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Hello everyone. I used to be on here under the name silvertulip (hadnt been on for ages) i had a problem getting into my account so just made a new one.
I thought i best introduce myself again. My name is Carrie and im 26 and a mother to 2 children. I have had fm for around 8-9 years but only offically got diagnosed in june last year.

I just wondered if any of you have found you have got worse over the years as i have recently and im not sure why. Currently im really suffering with my back (which doesnt norm bother me),my right hip and right leg. Ive got a doc app tomorrow as im finiding it hard to walk at the moment, also my back is quite tender to touch. I hurt everywhere yesterday so i think its to do with it being soooo cold out.

Anyway thanks for reading x
Carrie77
UKFM Member

Re: Hello everyone

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:39 pm

:welcome: back Carrie :wave:

Sorry to hear you are in extra pain, i think most of us are in the same boat as you :( its this cold weather, it gets right down to our bones :nono: :nono: just try to wrap up as warm as you can when going out and have hot water bottles, wheat bags, heat pads, Tens machines and hot baths when at home to help keep the aches at bay. :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Hello everyone

Postby Carrie77 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Hiya thank u for ur advice,I currently only have a shower at home but hope to put a bath in soon as I miss them.
I'm so sick of goin to the docs as ppl say don't always presume its fibro get it checked but I really feel like I have something new wrong every other day,I may aswell live there lol.
I will keep wrapped up,with wheat bags etc,any excuse to snuggle on sofa with duvet and DVDs lol xxx
Carrie77
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi
I know how you feel, i dread to think what my GP must think when he see`s my name on his list :lol: :lol: :lol:

I miss my baths as well but cant get in it anymore, its a high bath so cant get my leg up and over to get in, then i would not be able to get out once in :facepalm: I had a downstairs walk in shower fitted, its nice but not the same as a bath especially in this cold weather. :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:17 pm

:welcome: back Carrie :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You're not alone with how you're feeling, I'm pretty much the same at the moment as well :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: As well as the wheaty bags and baths, I've been leaving my side of the leccy blankie on all night (it's one of the ones where it's safe to do that with) as my back and hips are bad at the moment, and that helps bring a little easing for me at times.

I've definitely got worse over the years as well, as the ever~changing list of meds reflects :facepalm: :facepalm: And I often wonder what goes thru my GP's mind when he sees me on his appt list, altho recently he has been interested in what happens on here as he knows I use the forum :-? :-? :-?

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi Carrie and :welcome: back :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Hello everyone

Postby Carrie77 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:29 pm

Oooh I may have to invest in one of those blankets lol, only problem is my hubby hates being hot in bed :-(. I'm not on any meds as I'm soooo sensitive to medication and nothing so far has even touched my symptoms.
Also just out of interest sometimes I feel so ill, like I'll have a whole day of dizziness and just feeling rough etc is this part of fibro???? I never feel 100% well and some days I'm not in pain I just feel rough,does it happen to any of u? X
Carrie77
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello