Hello from oldie member

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from oldie member

Postby LashingsOfGingerBeer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Hi all, thought I would write and say hello to you all. I have not been on this site for quite a while, due to one thing and another and dealing with the never ending FM. I hope you all had a good christmas and new year and are coping with the bad weather at the moment. My GP changed one of my meds a few months back and boy did it have an effect on me - in a bad way. I really felt unwell and lethargic and was getting to that 'all time low' stage; never thinking it would improve. It felt like walking through fog and it was really awful. I recently went back to see my GP and he told me to stop taking it straight away and to continue with the previous antidepressant that I had been on for some years. I worry about having to take medication long term and it really frightened me when I reliased the effect it has on you when you are not on the right meds....has anyone else experienced this?

I saw my sister and brother about a month ago and they said I looked ill and extremely tired and did not seem like myself at all. I know, I felt it!!! I felt I was either closed down or wanting to bite back at everything. It was a horrible experience and I thought omg! is this what happens to us with FM, we get along ok and cope with the meds provided, because without them we just exist mentally and physically to a certain extent and put up with this neverending fm.

My fm has been with me now since 2001 and I have noticed how it has changed so much over the years, bringing new friends along to join the bandwagon and make me realise it's here to stay. I am on the mend and starting to feel a bit like my old self thank goodness. Please let me know if anyone has experienced these alwful episodes connected to FM and the differences the medication has on our well being.

L of G B xx
LashingsOfGingerBeer
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from oldie member

Postby Roseofsharon » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:11 am

HI lashingsofgingerbeer being fairly new to the fm (might I call it game?) I have yet to experience all the joys that wrongs meds and changing meds can do to us. I recently had to come off one of my meds due to its contraindication (basically means not allowed) with Raynauds syndrome which I have also developed. That I know doesn't compare but I just wanted to basically say hi and you are not alone.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:29 pm

:welcome: back :wave:

Yes i do wonder about all the meds i am putting into my body, but they are giving some sort of quality of life, i have lost my job, my friends, i hardly go out unless its to the docs or the hospital but if i did not take my meds i am not sure what my quality of life would be.

I have had to try quiet a lot of meds before i found one that suited but you feel you have to keep going and hope there is a med out there that will help reduce our pain. :crazy:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:59 pm

:welcome: back L of G B :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Sorry to hear what you've been going thru in the ever changing quest to control FM :hugs: :hugs: I had a time before my FM dx where I was being treated for the wrong condition due to how my symptoms appeared, so I think I have an understanding of what you were going thru with the unsuitable med. It really is a horrible place to be in :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Like shaz, I did use to wonder about what might happen to me with taking the various pills and potions long term, even asking my GP about long term use every time I had to have something increased/changed/stopped. These days tho, it's more a case of trying to find something extra to hopefully help me function a little better, for at least some of the time :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello