[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Do you have any of these symptoms with Fibro

Do you have any of these symptoms with Fibro

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Do you have any of these symptoms with Fibro

Postby smarthope » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:34 pm

Hello everyone - can you please let me know if you have any of the following symptoms
Muscle stiffness - this seems to be with me all the time calf muscles sometimes thigh - I have full range of movements can bend down etc ride bike but makes me anxious when standing for long periods.
Sore stinging underarms and pain which travels from underarms to elbows. When I lean on my elbows painful like leaning up in bed.
Stinging groin sometimes. Stiff neck. Throbbing muscle spasm in left side of head which wakes me up.
Waking 2 or three times in night all of a sudden iim just awake. Shoulders feel sore, shoulder blades feel swollen somehow when lying
in bed. Do not sweat hardly at all weird? Pain around shoulder blades like kidneys are sore. pale all over skin looks pale
mumering thrush. im taking gabapeptin but seems to be making me cease up not happy
please let me know if you have any of these symptoms........ many thanks hx
smarthope
UKFM Newbie

Re: Do you have any of these symptoms with Fibro

Postby denys » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi Smarthope and :welcome: to the forum, I have some of the problems you mention but not all of them, Have you had a diagnosis of FM??
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby smarthope » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi Denys

I have a suspected diagnosis of Fibro - things are really getting to me at the moment do not seems to be able to move forward?

Are there any blood tests for fibro?

Thanks
smarthope
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Unfortuantely no, we all wish there was as it would be something definitive to show the non-believers. Diagnosis can take a long while because Fibro is really a rule out condition so all the testing physical and biological are used to rule out other conditions which have similar symptoms and symptom overlap before the diagnosis is confirmed, the only physical test used is the tender point, generally carried out by a rhuematologist.

Some docs are confident to diagnose without referral to anyone else and without the tender point test and some carry out the test them selves really all depends on you doc :dunno: :fingerscrossed you get some answers soon as this tends to help things move on a little
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:07 pm

:welcome: to the forum smarthope :wave:

A few of your problems are symptoms of fibro but we are suffer differently so its hard to say if they are all down to fibro, have you mentioned all the symptoms to your GP?

It take take a while to be dx with fibro, its always last on the list as it does not show up in any tests so everything else has to be ruled out first.

Hoe you get some answers soon. :goodluck1:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello