[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hey! I'm Annaliese, I'm 22, and I have Fibromyalgia...

Hey! I'm Annaliese, I'm 22, and I have Fibromyalgia...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hey! I'm Annaliese, I'm 22, and I have Fibromyalgia...

Postby AnnalieseJ » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Hello :)

As you can see in the title, my name is Annaliese, I'm 22, and I have Fibro.
I was only diagnosed 2 years ago, after being sick since the age of 8.. I was relieved to finally have a name for what was wrong with me - after seeing A lot of Doctors, and being told that it was all in my head (I was actually on anti-depressants when I was 8)

Unfortunately where I live, the doctors aren't very educated in Fibromyalgia (though the more I read online, I'm starting to think it's not just my doctor!)
But thank goodness for the Internet!!!
It's so comforting reading what people have to say about their experiences with Fibro, and being able to relate :)

I'm Unemployed at the moment, and have been ever since I was diagnosed - I definitely miss working, but know that I wouldn't be capable of keeping a job with the every day pains, and just the mental/emotional side of things..
Right now I'm taking 120mg of Cymbalta a day - Though I don't find that it's really helping me.
And my doctor tried me with Lyrica - But I didn't find that it was helping at all...
So right now I'm just trying to research and find out any other medications that could possibly help - If anyone wants to share, I'd be more than grateful :)

So that's pretty much the story of my Fibro - like a lot of other people, I generally spend most days in bed as I don't have the energy to do much else...

Luckily in my life though, I have Amazing parents who do anything they can to help and support me :)
And I have a Beautiful Cat 'Diesel' who gets me through the days & Cuddles me when I'm feeling down :)

I've also started making Vlogs on YouTube, just as a way to Vent, and hopefully reach out to other people who are going through the same things :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFptP2g_ ... AAAAAAAAAA

So So So So So Happy to have found this site, and send my Love & Healing thoughts to all!
:heart:
AnnalieseJ
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hey! I'm Annaliese, I'm 22, and I have Fibromyalgia...

Postby denys » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi annaliese and :welcome to the forum: we dont encourage the use of youtube on here but as your vlog is about FM we will allow this one to stay. Hope we can offer you some support when you need it and maybe answer any questions you may have, nice to have you here :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:42 pm

:welcome: to the forum Annaliese :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, hopefully there will be some useful bits for you. We also try to support each other thru the rubbish that comes along with FM.

Anything you want to know about, then just ask, we'll see how we can help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:51 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:03 am

welcome to the forum :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shelleydwales » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:50 am

Hi annalise,
Welcome to the forum!:smile:

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello