HELP!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: HELP!!

Postby joey40 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:45 pm

hey, yes ill take that on board, im seeing her tomorrow so will have a good chat finggers crossed itl go fine im sure it will

thanx for advice

xx
joey40
UKFM Member

Postby Jaycee » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi joey, hope things are working their way out at home. Can't speak for your partner but personally I feel very vulnerable since diagnosis and definitely it has impacted on my confidence.

Apart from medical people, physio etc have told hardly anyone I'm suffering and find it very difficult to talk about outside of this forum, where I can remain a bit anonymous. Have told one friend but whenever he tries to talk about the future I often get teary. At home my husband is very supportive, he helps where he can, takes me to rheumy appointments etc but to be honest I dont feel like talking about it very often, it makes it a bit too real, maybe im just fooling myself, but could your oh be the same?

Do try to encourage her to sign up here, at first some of it came as a bit of a shock to me, but I guess I'm better off knowing than not what the future might hold and there is so much support here with whatever you have on your mind.
J
Jaycee
UKFM Member

Postby joey40 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:12 pm

hi jaycee, yes the same for her where the confidence thing is concerned. i do try n do what i can without making her feel useless(which she oftn tells me thats hw she feels). i have told her about the ebook that i have read. i think she has already got it as she done a lot of research in to fms many years ago when she was diagnosed way before we met. over the weekend i did have waht i would call a light bulb moment. in my previous posts i have touched on her not accepting her life now but i have to accept thats its our life now not just hers altho i am not the one with fms.does that make an sence lol. i have to accept our social life has more or less gone our sex life is now hit and miss, and things arnt ever going to be the same, but i will and do try to be positive as much as i can. i think my outlook on this illness and fms in general is sinking in a bit more, well as much as it can do. still more to do tho

joey x
joey40
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello