[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello i'm a newby!

Hello i'm a newby!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello i'm a newby!

Postby lam4ram » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:20 am

Hi,

I'm new here, I'm 42 this week and have in reality probably suffered since my teenes although I only had proper diagnosis about 2 yrs ago, had to argue it out with an unsympathetic Doc and go via MS & ME to have Arthritus of the spine and sacroiliac's diagnosed.

I attend a pain clinic in London every 2-6 months depending on when I can get booked in next and recently had some (8) Lumber injections.I also have been privaleged by having htdrotherapy at out ocal hospital and also attend a local Aquasize class which helps with the pain and also gets me out with other people who suffer a variaty of problems or don't but we have a laugh and that is good for the brain.

What else about me? Oh yes I know... I care for my disabled husband, have 3 children aged 5, 17 & 21, am a school governor and also raise funds for the school. I like geneology and have been recurching bith my husbands family and my own for about 25 yrs on and off.

One other secret I have is that there are times when I can't spell for toffee so please excuse the spelling errors, I believe in letting people see me suffer rather than hide behind a spell check.

Well I think thats me.

:oops:

Sam
If I should die this very day, Don't cry because on earth we wasn't meant to stay !
lam4ram
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello i'm a newby!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:31 am

:welcome: to the forum Sam :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Am I right in thinking that you were diagnosed with Fibro a couple of years ago??? Just wondering as, altho you mention going via MS and and ME, being told about arthritis and sacroiliac's, you haven't mentioned Fibro, and I'd hate to start waffling on at you for it to turn out to be the completely wrong info :oops: :oops:

If you have a look around the site, you'll find lots of advice and info which may be helpful for you. We also try to support each other thru the rubbish that comes along with FM, as well as helping celebrate when someone has had some good news or found something that is making a real difference to them :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If there's anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with an answer :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby lam4ram » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi Fluppypuffy
Yes sorry diagnosed with fybro a couple of years ago, thats my other secret apart from the spelling... I forget what i'm saying lol

S

sorry edirted it as :oops: :oops: got your ame muddled sorry x
If I should die this very day, Don't cry because on earth we wasn't meant to stay !
lam4ram
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:51 pm

No need to apologise Sam, I make more than my own share of daft mistakes :facepalm: :facepalm: I just wondered at which point in your fibro journey you were at, it wouldn't be the first time I've rattled off loads of stuff about one thing only to find that the poster had already gone thru what I'd explained :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

At least it gives us a bit of a :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at the silly things we do :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi Sam and :welcome: to the forum glad you have decided to join us
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:16 pm

:welcome: to the forum Sam :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello