Newbie, help with meds while pregnant

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie, help with meds while pregnant

Postby Chel_82 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi everyone I'm a newbie, was diagnosed with Fibro last week but have been suffering with pain and tiredness for the last 15 years, nice to finally have a diagnoses but also abit of a bummer that I can't be fixed!!

Anyhow I've got an appointment with my Dr next week to discuss medication, the thing I'm worried about it me and my partner would like to start trying for another baby in Mayish and I just wondered if anyone knew which medications prescribed for Fibro are safe during pregnancy? I've had a quick look and the only one I find which seems safeish is Fluoxetine. I will prob stop all meds once I know I'm pregnant but obviously you get them 1st 4 weeks were you don't know and I don't wanna harm the baby.

If anyone has any advice I would be so grateful xx
Chel_82
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie, help with meds while pregnant

Postby denys » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi Chel and :welcome: to the forum, I've moved your post into here as I think its more appropriate and you will get more hits, unfortuantly pregnancy would have a big impact on the meds you can take the doc will know what is safe and when you should be cutting down :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:24 pm

:welcome: to the forum Chel :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I think talking to your GP about this is the best thing to do, as we're all very different where meds are concerned and your GP will have an idea of what might be suitable for you as well as safe for a baby.

During pregnancy, some FMers have found that their symptoms can really ease back, probably due to the various changes and hormones constantly racing around their body. So that may be something to think about as well.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Chel_82 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Hiya thanks for replying, gonna speak to my gp next week, but your right during my last pregnancy most of my Fibro symptoms disappeared, dunno if its because I was too busy being sick to start with lol but then unfortunately I got sciatica and spd, as soon as my little girl was born my symptoms all came back and with a vengeance, been so much worse since :/

My Gp is lovely so I know she will help all she can but just wondered what others did while trying to get pregnant :)

Thanks Chel x
Chel_82
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello