[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New to all this

New to all this

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to all this

Postby HunnyBunny71 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi everyone *waves*.

I was diagnosed with FM about 2 months ago after 2 years of being bounced from medical pillar to post. My GP suspected a long time ago that I was suffering from FM, but it was the rheumatologist who finally diagnosed it early January.

I've been following this forum for a little while, before I was diagnosed actually, and have found it very helpful and informative and also very supportive. Nice to know that I'm not completely bonkers and making all these aches and pains up!

For me, everything sort of kicked off big time after the birth of my second child, although, I can relate earlier symptoms as far back as the late 80's & 90's which I now suspect was the onset of FM.

I spent a long time off sick after I had my second baby, getting very frustrated at not knowing what the heck was wrong with me. I finally went back to work on reduced hours in May last year. I work 3 full days a week and find this enough to be going on with at the moment. I am coping work wise, however, I do struggle at home looking after my very active 2 year old son and doing the household chores.

Symptoms wise, well, where do I start lol!! Brain fog is well up there at the top of the list. My short term memory has deteriorated tremendously and this worries me immensely in my professional work capacity. I was diagnosed with the skin condition rosacea early on and although this is supposed to flare up with stress/sun exposure/ god knows what else, it is a permanent problem for me and nothing they have thrown at it appears to have worked. Have now got my rheumatologist to re-refer me to the dermatologist because this is relentless and driving me up the wall. One of my questions, and like most, I have a few, is does anybody else have problems with their skin with FM? Is it all autoimmune related?? Anyway, also have big problems with my arms. Sleeping is very disturbed because I wake up with pins and needles or complete loss of feeling in my hands. At the moment, I'm hobbling around as my knees are playing up. Very painful and swollen, yet the GP I saw on Monday said that this was just wear and tear and not associated with the FM :-/ I am not totally convinced with this though as I have had problems with my knees before and they have miraculously improved in a few days. This time though, it seems a bit more persistent, so we shall see.

Got lots of other symptoms too, but conscious of this being a long thread so will wrap this up.

Am taking 25mg nightly of amitryptaline and codydramol and naproxen for general pain relief. Apart from knocking me out at night, don't find this dosage of ami much good from a pain management side of things and scared to up the dose because I need to be corpus mentus to do my job. The codydramol and naproxen are not touching the pain in my knees at the moment and I told the GP this on Monday (wasn't my regular GP though) an she said that I'm on the right meds for the pain and if it persists then they will have to investigate further. Oh joy!!

Anyway, REALLY need to wrap this up now. Sorry for the long thread, but grateful for you listening. Got to get ready for my Occ health appt now as my manager felt that it was necessary for me to see them following my diagnosis. Am not expecting miracles and will let you know how it goes.

Hugs to all and thanks once again for listening xxx
HunnyBunny71
UKFM Member

New to all this

Postby HunnyBunny71 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:30 pm

:-(. Seems to have deleted the main part of my post. Are there any character restrictions to threads?
HunnyBunny71
UKFM Member

Re: New to all this

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:11 pm

:welcome: to the forum HunnyBunny :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

As far as I know there is no restriction on characters when posting, I've posted some real epics at different times and everything was there :shock: :shock: :shock: We do have posts go floating off into the ether at times, but depending on which browser you use, it can sometimes retain what you were posting, so using the browser history can get you back to the page for you to try and repost. From what your post says tho, it doesn't seem like anything is missing from it :-? :-?

Skin~wise, altho I don't have any dx'd problems, my skin has always been very sensitive and I have to be careful what I use for washing, cleaning, shampooing etc etc, they tend to make my skin really tight, itchy and flakey :-| :-| :-|

What your GP has said about the meds you're on may not be strictly right or true. This linky has info about different meds types used in managing FM if you have a look thru at what there is and see your regular GP about what might be suitable for you to try.

There is loads of info on here that you might find helpful as well, and we also try to support each other thru the rubbish that comes along with FM :-D :-D :-D Don't worry too much about the length of a thread, with how you have set this one out with the clear paragraphs is was easy to read thru without getting lost :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :squirrel_nut: :squirrel_nut: :squirrel_nut:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

New to all this

Postby HunnyBunny71 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Thanks Fluppy x It appears from your reply that you can see all the post *confused*. Perhaps it's the view from my iPhone :-/ i can only view the 1st 2 paras.
HunnyBunny71
UKFM Member

New to all this

Postby Mozza » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:41 pm

I can only see first two paragraphs as well. I've also posted a couple of times in different threads only to find my name and blank?? Gremlins afoot or am I doing something not right? Xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Re: New to all this

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:36 pm

:welcome: to the forum hunnybunny :wave: :wine:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello