Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Calisi » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi, my name is jen, hope I am posting in the right place. Was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last week and still getting my head round things. Spent most of the time reading up on it, to see just what I am dealing with but guess I have been for the last few years.
I left the hospital in tears as finally knew I wasn't going mad and someone had listened to me and given me some answers to why I feel as I do.
I continue to read up on it as so very worried its going to get worse or bad spells will get more frequent.
I have three children 18, 14 and 6. Two dogs. A wonderful partner who doesn't quite understand but is there for me. Guess I am lucky.
I was self employed up till January but felt it was too much and have given it up for the time being, till I learn just how to cope.
Any support is fantastic as often feel like no one understands but now realise I am certainly not on my own. So huge hello to all :-)
Calisi
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:53 pm

:wave: :wave: jen and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so hopefully you'll find some answers to questions you may have going thru your mind :squirrel_nut: :squirrel_nut: If there's something you can't find anything about, all you need to do is ask about it and we'll try to help you with it.

As you found, it can be such a huge relief to get a name for all the things you've been feeling and experiencing, as for you not going mad, you soon will be now you've joined us :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:23 pm

hi jen :wave:

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:28 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jen :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Calisi » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:57 pm

FluppyPuffy wrote::wave: :wave: jen and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so hopefully you'll find some answers to questions you may have going thru your mind :squirrel_nut: :squirrel_nut: If there's something you can't find anything about, all you need to do is ask about it and we'll try to help you with it.

As you found, it can be such a huge relief to get a name for all the things you've been feeling and experiencing, as for you not going mad, you soon will be now you've joined us :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Thanks so much, am already crazy so guess I am in the right place :lol:
Calisi
UKFM Newbie

Postby Calisi » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:57 pm

loubie wrote:hi jen :wave:

:welcome: to the forum :wave:

Cheers :-D
Calisi
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello