Hot Tubs - any downsides?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hot Tubs - any downsides?

Postby EaglesWings » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi everyone

I am new to post to the forum, although I have been reading the posts for a while. I wanted to try get some advice regarding hot tubs. I was formally diagnosed with FM last November, but prior to that I was informally diagnosed in 2010, and I have been living with the symptoms and seeking diagnosis since about 2006. I am now on co-codamol, naproxen and pregabalin plus multi-vits and omega 3 capsules. However my mum has offered to fund a hot tub for me if it would help me. I have looked into the hot tubs themselves but can't find out what medical benefits they offer. So figured I should ask the experts on this site.....I appreciate that everyone is different and hot tubs may help some and not others, but I am trying to find out whether there are any known negatives of using them for someone with FM and on the medication I am on. Can anyone help? Thanks! :-D
EaglesWings
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hot Tubs - any downsides?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:43 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, but I can't recall seeing anything relating to hot tubs, or even anything like a whirlpool/jacuzzi bath type thing I'm afraid :-? :-? :-? The only way you'll definitely know if there is anything is to search thru the older posts/topics and see if there has been any mention of them :-? :-? :-?

Anything else you want to know about, just ask and we'll see what we can come up with for you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Hot Tubs - any downsides?

Postby shazq » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:32 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello