nooooob!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

nooooob!

Postby ladytwiglet » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:20 pm

hallo!

i'm donna, from burnley in lancashire, a 32 year old mum of 2, married, self-employed as a photographer and i found out in november last year that i had FM.

it fair sucked, i lost all impetus, but after deferring my degree i felt a lot better. i'm not superwoman, i cant do it all!

i suffered from bulimia, depression and self-harm for a verrrrry long time, but have been mostly non-bulimic for the last year (i dont think it ever goes away) but due to this i have quite a lot of weight to lose which is a bit of a bummer :(

i'm really lucky to have an amazing doctor and some amazing friends (one of whom has had FM for a very long time) so i'm pretty sure my journey hasnt been as hard as others but its been tough going at times....and will be again, i'm sure.

i found the forums through facebook, kept seeing some awesome threads being posted on there and, because i'm a gobby ***, decided to join up to add my 2ps worth!

so yeah, thats me.
Last edited by shazq on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to remove link to facebook link
ladytwiglet
UKFM Newbie

Re: nooooob!

Postby difly » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:51 pm

hi guess i am one of the nosy ones lol ,i have only been a member of the forum myself for a short while and i have found it to be sooo good
i work full time and there is no fibro support group in my area the forum is a brill way to link up with others who can identify with fibro
your so right when you say we carnt do it all take each day as it comes and pace yourself, welcome to the forum :) xx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:35 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:03 pm

:welcome: to the forum ladytwiglet :wave: :wave:

I think you've done amazingly well to get your bulimia mostly under control over the past year :clap: :clap: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: You're right that it never really leaves you, I know about that from my own experiences :-? :( The weight bit is a bummer for me as well, esp as it seems to be a major side effect of a lot of the meds used to try and manage FM :( :(

There is lots of info and advice to be found on here that you may find helpful. We try to support each other thru the rubbishness that comes along with FM as well.

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello