Fibromyalgia???

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibromyalgia???

Postby tabithakat64 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:30 pm

My GP/Neuro's/Rheumatoidologist/Osteopath all think I have either Fibromyalgia or MS, I'm not really getting anywhere as far as a concrete diagnosis or treatment is concerned as my new Neuro thinks it's not MS so wont run or repeat tests and the Rheumatoidologist thinks it's MS as does my GP.

I'm really struggling physically at the moment and desperately need help with mobility, pain and continence issues :( but no-one will accept responsibility for my treatment and I keep being pushed from pillar to post :(
The only treatment medication I'm on is Amytriptaline 50mg and it's not relly helping.

Whilst I know every single one of my symptoms could definitely be MS (both my mum and grandfather have/had MS) I'm not sure how my symptoms would fit into the fibromyalgia catagory.

Whilst I've had a number of symptoms for many years, they started worsening five years ago and I started getting more symptoms which are worsening too.

I would be immensely grateful if you could look at my list of symptoms and tell me if they are similar to your own please?

Muscle weakness when walking, standing, sitting up, difficulty with balance, uneven surfaces etc. Struggling to walk more thn a couple of hundred metres, stand for long periods, this has got much worse over the last five months although I have with balance for anumber of years.

Tightness/stiffness in the muscles in my pelvis hips and thighs accompanied by crushing pain, this is a fairly recent symptom.

Crawling sensation all over my body pins and needles and numbness.

Difficulty texting, writing etc and a slight tremor also new.

Almost constant bladder leaking and urgency this is fairly new ,

bowel urgency and occassional incontenience which is getting worse.

Problems tracking/focusing this is a new problem however I've been experiencing very bad right eye pain/migrines behind that eye for several years

Speech difficulties and problems finding words which is getting worse.

Sensitivity to noise and difficulty concentrating.

Fatigue and dizziness.
tabithakat64
UKFM Member

Re: Fibromyalgia???

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:05 pm

:welcome: to the forum tabithakat64 :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: I've moved your topic into here with it being your intro, it's a more suitable part of the forum and will hopefully bring you some helpful replies :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I'm sorry to hear what you're going thru with trying to get a dx for your symptoms and problems, sadly it's something that a lot of us have experienced :( :( :( Could you ask your GP about contacting the rheumy and the neuro you see, and ask for clarification on your situation so they can start you on suitable meds???

The symptoms and things you have described could potentially be due to FM, they could also form large parts of the various other conditions that share a lot of symptoms with FM as well :facepalm: :facepalm: The only way to definitely find out tho is for all these possibilities to be investigated and depending on results, ruled out.

You could always ask about the possibility of seeing someone different for a second opinion, see if they give you a definite dx rather than leaving you in LimboLand like you are at the moment :-? :-? :-?

In the mean time, if you have a look around the site, you might find some useful ideas and suggestions. Anything else you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:24 pm

:welcome: to the forum tabithakat64 :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum sorry cant really add much more to what Fluppy has already put :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello