[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Just Joined

Just Joined

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just Joined

Postby Sarah34 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:47 pm

:-D
Hi,

I am Sarah, where to begin????

I was attacked leaving work just over two years ago resulting in an injury to my shoulder and neck! After two years of not knowing why I wasn't getting better and seeing several Consultants I was finally diagnosed with FM in November!

I am finding it really hard to get my head round the not getting better part as that is all I have wanted to hear for the last couple of years!

Having a really bad flare up at the minute and sleeping is a nightmare..no position is comfortable so any tips would be gratefully received!

xx
Sarah34
UKFM Member

Re: Just Joined

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:46 pm

:welcome: to the forum Sarah. :wave:

Fibro takes take a while to get your head around, the forum has lots of info so have a read around and try to learn as much as you can so you know what you are up against.

Have you got a memory foam topper or memory mattress, they help to reduce the stiffness of the bones which it turns helps sleep.

Sleep is a big problem for a lot of fibro sufferers, we have lots of topics on it around the boards.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Sarah34 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:07 pm

I bought a new mattress (not memory foam) but an orthopaedic Silentnight one and it is bloody uncomfortable! I will definitely have a look at a memory foam topper. Thanks for the tips! xx :-D
Sarah34
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:29 am

hi sarah
welcome to the forum :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby animalhouse » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:03 am

hi,

it can take a while to get your head round it and then you are still wondering if you have missed something or there might be something you can do to get rid of it, my came on after a crash and i kept thinking this and still do sometimes.

take care. :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby TATT » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:41 am

Hi Sarah,

Welcome, I joined in January and am finding this forum a continuous sorce of help and support, empathy and most of all due to my isolation I feel like I have new friends. I was beaten badly over a four year period in my 20's now in my 40's and had lots of broken bones. I got the FM diagnosis last November but been I'll since 2008/2009.

I still am struggling with coming to terms with this. There is a good post from Shazy on the stages of grief and I am still in anger/denial. I have started to have good days again which at first are hard for me as when the bad day hits it hits me hard. But I am learning now that I need to expect this. There is are a multitude of people and stories on here and always someone to talk with. Xxx
TATT
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello