hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello

Postby sarahdut » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi,
I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I was tentatively diagnosed with FM 5/6 years ago along with osteoarthritis. I have only just really begun to take it seriously as the symptoms are beginning to take over my life. My consultant neurologist drummed it into me last Tuesday and I am beginning to get my head around the condition. this isn't easy as my husband does not even believe that it is a medical condition. I work full time and have crawled my way through the last month, the idea of going in tomorrow exhausts me, although I am lucky that I have a very understanding employer. Still not easy. anyhow, hello and goodnight :)
sarahdut
UKFM Newbie

Re: hello

Postby loubie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:08 am

hi sarah :wave:
welcome to the forum :-D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:11 pm

:welcome: to the forum Sarah :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby sarahdut » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Thank you, another day nearly done, is this how life is now? crawling through from one day to the next? getting up in the morning is exhausting let alone getting through the day!
sarahdut
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:44 pm

:welcome: to the forum Sarah :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Crawling thru the day is something I think most of us have done at some point in our FM escapdes :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: That doesn't mean that every day will be like it tho. If you find the right mix of things for you, it is possible to have a life :cup1: :cup1:

There's a lot of info and advice on here that you may find helpful, from explanations about some of the things we go thru before we reach acceptance thru to things that try to explain what it is like to live with FM so those closest can hopefully understand why we are as we are at times. Have a look round and see what could be useful for you.

Anything else you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to hep you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Judy S » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:27 pm

WElcome Sarah! Yes, many of us know the 'crawling through the day' thing. In my case, since I don't work, it's been more like dragging myself out of bed and into a chair and staying there most of the day, apart from walking the dogs, and I felt I was wasting my life. Doing a little better right now, as I hope you will be soon, too!
Judy S
UKFM Member

Postby sarahdut » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:11 pm

I'm glad you are doing a bit better at the moment. I am worried that I do not have the energy to do my job as I am the main earner in the household, and actually I like my job when I am well. Worse though, is that I have nothing left for my family at the end of the day. I am in the process of upping my nortriptyline and this is having an impact of my mornings. I am struggling, really stryggling. I feel very alone right now.
sarahdut
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello