[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I'm New

I'm New

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I'm New

Postby gary who? » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:39 am

Hi. I'm new to the site and just wanted to say Hi all, and give you a low down on my health. :-)

Been suffering from Fibromyalgia for approx 10 years along with depression since 2003 when my partner passed away.
Just last month I had an assessment and I was found fit for work after a 15 minute of talking and physical examination. Later I found out I had scored '0' points. I am appealing the decision as nothing was asked about my mental health. I had to see my doctor to ask for a sick note but she decided to examine me. Upon examination she found out that both my knees were grinding. What concerned me was did the examiner pick this up and failed to list this in her finding about my knees? as we all know they are under strict instructions to remove as many sick people and in my eyes force us back to work.
I had an operation on my left knee (keyhole surgery) and this was unsuccessful as it is the same as before.
As for my depression this started when I lost my job and then two months later my partner passed away from cancer. I have brought up my son since he was 7 years old and it has been a struggle but I have managed. I have been self harming for a long time now this is due to my loss and truthfully why my doctor or anyone believe me I am suffering from Fibromyalgia. The doctor who told me it may be arthritis or fibromyalgia weren't too sure himself and told me that it would be too expensive for me to have a mri scan. Now I am in more pain and headaches are more frequent about 4 times a week and dizzy spells last about 2 days. I have been told I should pester my G.P about my health but I am too soft as there are other patients worse off than me.
That's it for now and sorry if I went on abit.
gary who?
UKFM Member

Re: I'm New

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:15 pm

:welcome: to the forum Gary

Sorry to hear about your partner. :hugs:

You must go back and push your GP for some answers ask to be referred to a Rheumy to find out for deff if its arthritis or fibro. Once you know you can get started on the right treatments.

With your depression and self harming have you mentioned this to your GP? you need to let them know about this and they can help you, you might benefit from having some counseling or cbt therapy :hugs:

Good luck with your appeal, we have lots of info on our benefit & works thread which might be of help.

We are also here to help and support you where we can, any questions just shout.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi Gary and :welcome: to the forum I'm sorry to hear about your partner and horrified to hear that your doc says its too expensive to send you for a scan anyway I hope we can be some use to you over time :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:30 pm

:welcome: to the forum Gary :wave: :wave: :wave:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, and we try to help and support each other thru the rubbish that comes along with FM :grouphug: :grouphug:

Do you have anyone helping you with your appeal, such as CAB?? If not, it might be worth seeing who is available in your area that could give you advice and guidance with it. Plus, as Shaz has already said, there is a lot of info in the Benefits and Working part of the forum.

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:02 am

hi gary,

sorry you have had such a bad time, i have struggled with my gp as well to get any imagining done, it took 2 years to finally get wrist xxrays but will have to go back as my ankle is grinding really badly.

take care
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby gary who? » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi. Thank you all for welcoming me here :-) I have someone visiting from housing tomorrow (friday) regarding my benefits as my rent is not being paid at the moment but I have written a five page letter about my medical examination and why it is wrong, I have stated that most days life is dull and my son has looked after me for the past 5 years limiting him to a social life. Just waiting to see how my appeal letter turns out now that its written down and not something that was done in 15 minutes by a miracle doctor. I have been searching through the forum and it is very interesting. It's opened my eyes that yes there are others out there in my situation and yes we all know how we all feel.
Next job on my agenda is tackling my debt problem. All this is mind bending but I will get through this....somehow.
Again Thank You all for welcoming me here. Keep well
gary who?
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:23 pm

There are organisations that can help with your debt problems as well Gary, such as Christians Against Poverty http://www.capuk.org/home/index.php
They provide debt counselling advice and help without making a charge, so when you are looking for someone to help you, try and make sure they don't make a charge for their services :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello