Hi to you all

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi to you all

Postby Cybermum » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:28 pm

I'm a newbie on here. Finally got diagnosed 2 weeks ago after being dismissed as 'all in the head' in 2007, moving to new town then ending up with the same flaming consultant in 2010 who'd sent me packing. After numerous tests including a lip biopsy for sjogren's I finally got diagnosed with fibro which is what I suspected all along. Lol. So am more relieved than anything.
Have been on hydroxychloroquine now for 2 weeks so just going through the standard side effects. Omg, how I itch. Lol. Also take fluxotine for depression and tramadol for the pain.

Anyway, about me. I'm Jo. 41 years old. I live with my fiancé, my 2 boys aged 5 and 6 and my 15 yr old stepson, plus 5 cats and a jack Russell puppy.
I know that a lot of my fibro was made worse by upset as in 2008 I had another little boy but he was born too soon and passed away aged 7 hours old. 18 months later I have moved to a new county with my boys and divorcing their dad. Thankfully I now have a wonderful man who supports me and is my rock and my boys love him to bits. My life carries on being complicated, but I won't bore you with it all. But I have other reasons too for stress and depression which don't help. Obviously my fibro, exhaustion, fog and pain add to it all too.
If you got that far then thanks for staying and hope to get to know you all soon

Jo
Xx
Cybermum
UKFM Member

Re: Hi to you all

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:49 pm

:wave: :wave: Jo and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I'm so sorry to hear about your little one going back with the angels so soon :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :hugs: :hugs:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, hopefully you'll come across some useful ideas and suggestions :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

It sounds fun in your household with all the furries :dogchasecat1: Would I be right in thinking that the cats are in charge :cat2: :cat2:

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :dogchasecat1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi Jo and :welcome: to the forum :wave: so sorry to here about your baby boy. Glad you now have someone who is supportive anyway I hope we can offer you support when you need it
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:28 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jo :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:09 am

hi jo :wave:

welcome to the forum :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby animalhouse » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:42 am

hi jo,

upset and traums seems common on her, sorry you had it rough for the pass few years.

now its time to take care of you and get yourself well to face the challenges of everyday life.

take care,
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Hi to you all

Postby Cybermum » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Thank you for your lovely welcome. And yes, it's very mad here with the cats and dog. They do own us lol.
Well as it works out, I had to go to emergency appt at the doctors today and got sent straight to hospital to have some blood tests and been told to immediately stop taking the hydroxychloroquine as I'm covered from head to foot in an itchy rash, affecting the inside of my mouth too. So back to the drawing board on the medication front. Spoke to my consultants secretary and as typical, my consultant is on holiday for 2 weeks so she said she'll speak to him when he gets back to see if he wants to see me before my next appt in august.

Jo
Xx

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yctelo
Cybermum
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello