Hello everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello everyone

Postby Mavrocat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi, was diagnosed with fibro and hyper joint mobility in dec 2011. I am 45 years of age, since 2010 found was having problem with my feet, told it was plantar fasciitis, had steroid injections and physio. Whilst undergoing physio, it was her who thought there was more to my foot problem, it seemed that my whole body had problems. So then I was referred to rheumatology, had a long wait seen in dec 2011 and confirmed what my gp thought I had. So prognosis more physio and up amitriptyline 10mg to 3 a day and also diclofenic which I was already on due to my foot problem. I have been unable to return to my job, a nursery nurse, since May last year, I am waiting the outcome of occupational health reviews to see what will happen, I am currently getting ESA. My own gp has informed them that the job is too physically demanding for me and could cause more problems and flare ups. Just been requested to go for my ATOS medical 4 April, which I am not looking forward to as some of the things I have read don't sound to good. I am just glad to find a place with people who understand what I am going through and I look forward to all the help advice and support I can get.
Mavrocat
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello everyone

Postby denys » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi Mavrocat and :welcome: to the forum, your story unfortuantely is not unusual if you have any questions please ask and we will do our best to answer them :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:49 pm

:welcome: to the forum Mavrocat :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:56 pm

:welcome: to the forum Mavrocat :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You'll find lots of info and advice on here that you may find helpful, we also try to offer each other support at those times when we need it :grouphug: :grouphug:

Anything you're wondering about, all you need to do is ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mavrocat » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:39 am

Thanks everyone for the warm and kind welcome, it good to know there is a place like this. :-)
Mavrocat
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello