hi everyone is there room for another to climb onboard?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi everyone is there room for another to climb onboard?

Postby tansy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi my name is Catherine, i'm new to this forum so not quite sure how to go about things :oops: so thought an introduction would be in order. I think I posted my first post in a reply part of this forum so sorry :-? , I am 57 years old, married with two wonderful grown up children, 4 beautiful grand children and a gorgeous little jack russell dog. I have had fibromyalgia for 13 years but was ill for several years before the doctors told me what was causing all my symptons. I also have osteo arthritis in my feet, knees, one hip and my hands. Along with all the other ailments that go together with this dreadful illness. Some of my meds include amitryptiline (sp) gabapentin, codine, traxam, omeprazole,colofac, migralieve, and on and on :!: At the moment I am feeling quite low because of not being able to do the things around the house that need doing, and then being almost bed bound for several days after trying to do too much. I also feel quite isolated as i live in Redcar North Yorkshire, and my children and grandchildren live in Darlington which is about 30 miles away and as i don't drive i usually have to rely on the train to get across to see them. So that is why I decided to go on line and find a forum to join, to meet other people in similar situations and nattter with them. My hobbies include digital photography, patchwork and quilting, machine embroidery,rug making (latch hook) reading and generally anything to do with craft. :-D So here goes again with my first post, if at first etc. etc. ;-)
tansy
UKFM Member

Re: hi everyone is there room for another to climb onboard?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:32 pm

:wave: :wave: Catherine, I said :welcome: on your "Introduce Yourself" post :wave: :wave:

There's always plenty of room for another one to climb onboard :clap: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:43 pm

:welcome: Catherine :wave: Your other post is on the Introduce Yourself section :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Judy S » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:13 am

Hello Catherine!

Nice to see another crafter on board! And a dog person, too! :mrgreen:

Sorry to hear of your situation though. It is bad enough having this thing without being isolated as well. You'll find support here, though, and lots of advice. For me, one of the most useful things about this board is being able to talk to people about symptoms and so on without having to bother the doc for every little thing. If I know that six other people with fibro are experiencing the same thing (brain fog and short term memory problems, for instance) it helps me to worry less.
Judy S
UKFM Member

Postby tansy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:04 pm

hello again and thank you for your kind welcome :-D i'm not sure i will be able to get away with being part of a forum as i cannot even find the first post i did in the"introduce yourself" where members have said they kindly welcomed me :-? i hope you can all be a little patient with me while i try to get myself sorted. i'm not even too sure that this reply is going to be in the correct place, so heres hoping. :oops:
tansy
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:25 pm

:wave: Catherine

Yay you made it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: dont worry about making mistakes :facepalm: we all had to start somewhere :lol:

Us mods can always move your posts if thay get put in the wrong place so dont worry you will soon get the hang of things. :-D

Any questions just ask :wine:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:29 pm

Your reply has appeared in the right place and here is the linky to where you posted yesterday viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1663&start=2205 just click on it, then go down the page and you'll find your post.

We were all new to the forum at some point and had some of the worries you're having about being on here. Just have a look round at your own pace and you'll start to find your way around. And as Shaz has already said, we can sort anything out or help you with anything you're unsure of, or want to know about :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby cherrybee » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi catherine :welcome: everyone is really friendly
welcome on board
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi Catherine always room for another :welcome: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tansy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:02 pm

hi everyone and thank you for the kind comments about not stressing too much over finding my way around the site. :-D i'm now going to risk a little tour and maybe brave a comment out there! lol ;-)
tansy
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Go for it Catherine :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello