Hello FM Friends

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello FM Friends

Postby spencebel » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:22 am

Hi Everybody
I have finally been told by hospital that i have FM, it has taken me 12 yrs.....
Today is a really bad day, so much pain esp in my right arm.
I am in my 50's, married with grown up family.
I have a handsome boxer dog,who keeps me going.
I am also a speedway fan, have been for over 40yrs.
spencebel
UKFM Member

Re: Hello FM Friends

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:54 am

:wave: :wave: spencebel and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, as well as a support for each other during the not so bright days that FM brings with it. There are a good number of others on here, who, sadly like you, had to wait for years before they were finally given a name for the horrid condition :facepalm: :facepalm:

If you have a look around the forum you may find some useful suggestions and ideas that could help with managing your FM, you may also come across a bit of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: as well, altho we try to keep it under control it always manages to escape :crazy: :crazy: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I've not managed to get into 2 wheeled motorsports, altho I have watched a fair bit of it over the years, and been to a couple of meets. I'm more of an :f1-car: :f1-car: girlie, so if you hear someone screaming for Button on race day, there's a good chance it will be me :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Quite a few of us on here are owned by doglets, and it's nice to meet new additions to our furry friends :dogrun1: If you get a chance to add a photo of your waggy friend, it would be lovely to see how much handsomeness your furbaby has :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If there's anything you're wondering about and/or want to know, all you need to do is ask and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:19 pm

Hello spencebel :welcome: to the forum :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby spencebel » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:02 pm

I would like to know, with FM is it just a case of get on with it.
Only today my daughter has told me that she wished i had not been told that i have FM, because i carn't keep using it as an excuse for everything. I feel hurt, upset etc. I now feel if i should only have FM on medical notes...... Has anybody else had this problem? :cry: :cry: :cry:
spencebel
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:16 pm

It's not just a case of being told you have FM and then having to get on with it, there are things to be tried, meds wise and treatments wise, to try and help with managing the condition to make things as comfortable for you as possible.

And the reaction from your daughter, sadly that is something most of us have sadly come across :( :( :( In my case it was my mum that made similar disparaging comments, so I really do understand how much that has hurt you :cry: :cry: :cry: It did a lot of harm to the relationship between me and my mother that took a long time to resolve, so please try not to let something similar happen with you and your daughter. There are topics on here that explain how things are for us to non~sufferers that may help with things, these are linkys to them viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4732 and viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1761

As for using FM as an excuse for things, sadly it isn't an excuse but a fact that the condition impacts and affects every single aspect of our lives. It is possible to reach the point where you can live with it, to get there tho takes time as well as a bit of trial and error to find the right balance of things for you :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby spencebel » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Thankyou .
I will let my family see those two topics. Will have to see if it makes any difference,as to the way they see me.
Another thing my daughter said, she did not think its a good idea to be on forums etc, because if i read all about what other people have, then i will most prob start saying i have the same things...... :cry: :cry: :cry:
spencebel
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello