newbie in need of help/advice

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

newbie in need of help/advice

Postby laurah » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi everyone, my names Laura. I was diagnosed feb 20th 2012 after being ill since june last yr. Ive always had various health issues throughout my 29yr life an just put it down to being sickly. It was suggested by a gastro Dr that I might have fibro back in Dec. My GP then started my on typical FM meds. I was on antidepressants (citalopram) anyway after an emotional meltdown at work in sept. Was also taking meds for v bad acid reflux which stopped me eating. I started on amitriptyline 10mg, my rheumatologists increased this to 20mg, my GP has now increased this to 50mg! He hopes that the increase will stop me taking as much tramadol during the day. I dont seem to be sleeping any better and still in soooo much pain on a daily basis. My GPs said its a case of trial and error but I cant c me getting thru each day without painkillers. Can anyone give advice on what has helped them? Thanks :cry:
laurah
UKFM Member

Re: newbie in need of help/advice

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:19 pm

:welcome: to the forum laura :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I've moved your post into here as it is effectively an intro post, and this is the best part of the forum for answers to introductions :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

There are various meds used to try and manage FM, this linky tells you about some of them http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx
Your GP is right in that it is a case of trial and error in finding the right balance of things for each patient as what may help one may not be any use to another :facepalm: :facepalm:

Is there something that is making your GP concerned about with your tramadol dosage??? It seems a little peculiar that your GP would be looking to see if you can take less, it's not unusual for us FMers to be on an individual cocktail of meds to help us get thru each day :-? :-? :-?

There is a lot of other info and advice on here that you may find useful, so have a look around and see what there is. Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with iti :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby laurah » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanx for the response! Not sure y he wants me take less tramadol, thought it was normal but reading comments on here an other sites, ppl seem b on it quite regularly. will def ask when I go on 23rd. Im quite alarmed that this condition seems so common yet no 1 appears to suffer the same. Every list of symptoms Ive read tend to differ but bad for me that I seem to have every single symptom no matter which list I look at :cry: :cry:
laurah
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:10 pm

It might be an idea to see why he wants you to take less Tramadol, it's one of the regularly used meds for FM. It will be interesting to hear what his reason is :-? :-?

As for how we're all affected, as you're already discovering, we're all affected very differently even tho we share a common list of symptoms :facepalm: :facepalm: And it does get :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: when you start looking and realising just how many symptoms you have :shock: :shock: :shock:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello