hi everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi everyone

Postby scoobydoo10 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:43 pm

i'm52 years old and was diagnosed with cfs / me, with associated but seperate fybromyalgia just over eleven years back. coped quite well after initial rough ride for a couple of months. managed to get back to something like normal working etc untill just over 2 years ago when my troubles returned big time!!! much worse than before. i took redundancy from work, as i would probably lost my job anyaway in hindsight. i have regular doctors visits and see a hospital consultant who has helped me with cbt, as i'm now severely depressed. i'm angry at being so ill, which seems to keep me going. and although my dla was renewed without any problems at all a couple of months back. i have recieved a letter saying my esa will end ( just like that!! ) at the end of april, and as i'm on contributions based ( i worked for 35 years!! ) my 12 months will have run out. have asked jobcentre people for appeal form and am waiting for this to arrive. it seems to me ( and im not racist) that if you are happily married and native to this country, who has worked all your life, you suddenly become reliant on benefits through no fault of your own, your country disgards you like trash!! just because your wife is in employment.
well thats the rant over now.... so hi all. :-?
scoobydoo10
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi everyone

Postby denys » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi Scooby and :welcome: to the forum, hope we can offer you some support :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: hi everyone

Postby animalhouse » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:30 am

hi scooby,

the benefits are a mindfield alot have struggled jsut to get dla nevermind esa. i appealed and waited a year to be told would not get anythign as no ni contributions (was a student nurse before) and no income based as we are just above threshold.

i don;t think the race has anything to do with it though - its if you can be bothered to play them at their own game or if you are too proud.

i constatly tell my oh i am unable to cope with myself and my son who has autism but he will not give up work and i have to respect if for that - he only works 3 days now but it is his time.

it would be so easy for us to just completely surrender to the benefits system adn to be honest after years of struggling self employed we have never been so well off ifnancyially.

i have also recently been released from bankcrupcy adn again because he works he has been penalised and will behave to pay a 3 year contribution - again if he had resigned he too wuuld be discharged. this all happened becaue of a car accident and me being unable to work so i lost my job adn home - but we cannot be bitter about that one there is enough to worry about such as health. finance wiase you just have to prioritises.

nice to meet you take care. :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello