Hello peeps

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello peeps

Postby wiccahawk » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi folks,
I've put off joining this forum for some time now but having recently met a fellow sufferer of FM and descovered the huge benefits of talking about it, here I am.
If that sounds a bit odd I'm sure many a nod of the head will follow when I admit to being a bloke :-) My name is Steve and I'm in my early 40's (just). I've had FM for 11 years now and like many of us foolhardy men it took me over half of those to admit to myself that life had to change.
I'm sure many of you here are in the same boat. Lost career, change of expectations, etc etc etc and my delicate male ego took a huge knock. I'm very lucky to have an understanding wife and semi-understanding kids :lol: and am now more or less at peace with my lot in life.
Anyway, I won't bore you all with my FM life history right now but look forward to getting to know you all, (well some of you at least) as I post along the way.
Keep smiling and may we all have more good days than bad,
Steve aka Wiccahawk
FM, Angina, Spondylosis Thoracic Spine, Stenosis Lumbar Spine.

May we all have more good days than bad.
wiccahawk
UKFM Member

Re: Hello peeps

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:39 pm

:wave: :wave: Steve and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There are a few male FMers who use the forum, so you won't be on your own on here and you won't have to consider yourself one of the girls either :lol: :lol: :crazy: :crazy: In case you were wondering, we do quite a good line in :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: as it helps get us thru the days.

You're not the only foolhardy person on here, there's a good number of us have stuck our heads in the ground and done our bestist ostrich impression where FM is concerned :facepalm: :facepalm: Being finally able to get to the point you've reached is such a relief, even tho it will have been an epic trail to get there.

Anything you want to know about, all you need to do is ask as there is a lot of info and advice on here that you may find useful :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby rosehip » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:54 pm

a big welcome xxx :-D
rosehip
UKFM Member

Postby wiccahawk » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies :-D

Glad to hear :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol: :lol: is rife here too. I'm always telling my 2 girls that crazy helps Dad through the day whenever the imortal words 'Oh Daaaaaaaaaad, you're embarassing!' are uttered.

Like you say Fluppy Puffy (cool username :lol: ) the journey has been epic and to be honest I still have down days when the pain flares up a notch but hey, thats life. Thank goodness the wife has infinite patience and selective hearing (especially if I've had to deal with the DWP)! :lol:

Cheers
Steve :-D
FM, Angina, Spondylosis Thoracic Spine, Stenosis Lumbar Spine.

May we all have more good days than bad.
wiccahawk
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello