thank the lord i found this site, and all of the Information

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

thank the lord i found this site, and all of the Information

Postby britbuilder » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:52 am

Dear All,

Firstly god bless you all, i seem to be using that phrase alot lately and i dont go to church...My wife has Fibromyalgia and post viral fatigue syndrome and has had these two conditions for 2 years after having what my wifes doctor thinks was glandular fever...however before that 10 years ago after the birth of our first child my wife started to suffer from migraines....wow what a horrible condition that is, When she first had an attack i thought she was going to die, i have never seen anything like it. she would have a migraine every month that would last for 5 to 7 days.

So when she was bed ridden for 3 weeks with flu a couple of years ago, then going through all the test and being diagnosed with fibro/cfs our relief that it wasnt life threatening was fantastic.....well what did we know, surely there was a cure surely this couldnt last forever....wow!!!!

i have now had to give up work and care for her and look after our 3 children, we have only started the long road to claiming benifits since xmas, financially we are screwed, however we have each other and thats all i care about, im not saying its been easy because christ it is not, but i keep telling myself, i am not the one that is ill.

All i can tell you that this website and all of its wonderful info and people that have contributed to it has been so helpful to me that without this i would of given up on everything.

My wife and her medications....because the migraines now last a lot longer last one 3 weeks the only thing that works for my wife Katie is morphine, she has been on this for such a long time....cyclimorph and oral morph...and all the other meds for fibro/cfs too....is my wife disabled??? oh yes....oh and what did my wife do for a living before fibro kicked in.....She was a fitness instructor teaching BTS, 23 classes a week and she was fit as a fiddle....sadly no more :(

thankyou to all of you....oh im on anti depress tabs too....without them i would go bonkers!!
britbuilder
UKFM Member

Re: thank the lord i found this site, and all of the Information

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:33 am

:welcome: to the forum britbuilder :wave: :wave:

I'm sorry to hear what your wife, you and your family are going thru :grouphug: :grouphug: Sadly, not only does FM turner the life of the sufferer upside down, it also sucks in those closest to them, as you have found out :facepalm: :facepalm:

With you being your wife's carer, you may find this linky useful http://www.fibromyalgia-support.net/book/ It's a free e~book you can download and read. The author is a carer himself, with his wife also suffering with FM and it explains the sort of things they have experienced and how they have managed things. I know there will be differences in your situation to theirs, but there may be something in the book that you find helpful :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I'm glad you've found things helpful on here, it's absolutely full of info and advice that we have shared in the hope that some of it may help others going thru similar situations.

If there's anything either you or mrs britbuilder wants to know about, all you need to do is ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :clap: :clap: :clap: And if mrs britbuilder would like to join, she's more than welcome to do so :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:58 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:10 pm

How lucky is your wife to have you!!! Many of us on here would give our right arm to have someone who understands the illness as you do, you are so keen to find out about fibro. You are one in a million!!! Welcome to the sit!! :welcome:

It must be so hard with children to look after aswell, i really am not surprised you are on anti depressants. But you are on the right site to get all the information and support that you and your wife need.

Milly :-D xx :woot: :woot: :chicken-dance:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby cherrybee » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi britbuilder, welcome, like your wife, my migraines started 6 weeks after
I had my 3rd baby by caesarian, i remember i was walking along the street
and thought i was about to die...horrible.. you will find lots of help and support on here,
wish you both well.. :welcome:
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Hi Britbuilder and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby britbuilder » Fri May 04, 2012 6:34 pm

awwwww god bless you all, thank you so much for your kind words and welcomes, you are all amazing, i dont have to tell you all how hard it is to live with Fibro, anyone that suffers with this condition needs a hug, and all the love in the world, kisses to you all...keep fighting the fight!
britbuilder
UKFM Member

Postby SianyH0911 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi Britbuilder :-)

Welcome and God Bless you!

I worry that my husband never signed up for this but hes building a bungalow for when, sorry, for IF things get too bad.

Stay strong and give your wife a hug from me and heres a hug for you from me and my husband ( :-) )
SianyH0911
UKFM Newbie

Postby spencebel » Sun May 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi Britbuilder
Welcome.
You are one in a million. Keep strong.
Gentle hugs
Spencebel
spencebel
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello