Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby HollyP » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi everyone.
I am newly diagnosed as suffering from FMs. The diagnosis has come with mixed emotions - relief that I don't have MS, (Multiple Sclerosis) as my consultants thought initially that some of my symptoms suggested it was a possibility, and also relief that I am not slowly going bonkers! I'm also feeling a little sad that I am going to be coping with and managing this condition for the rest of my life. However, in the great scheme of things I am really very lucky. I have the most wonderful, practical GP who has gently taken me through the whole three year diagnostic process in order to find out exactly what was happening to me. I also have a loving and patient partner who appreciates all my efforts to minimise the impact of this condition on our day to day lives whilst making endless allowances for all the times it leaves me utterly wiped out.

I am determind to own this condition rather than let it own me, so I continue to run three times a week ( in varying lengths and intensity according to what sort of FMs day it is ie. better or not so good!), I take care of my partner, our children and our household. I have accepted that I need to sleep or rest for two hours every afternoon and I take my medication to help with the pain. I have come to terms with the fact that I will never hold down a full time job again, but helping my partner out with some of the home office jobs and working 2 days a month for an estate agents means I have retained my sense of self-worth! It isn't much, but it is about as much as I can cope with now, and I accept that.

I hope to make new friends here, share the good times and the not so good times and above all gain a deeper understanding of the debilitating condition we share.
Best wishes to you all,
Holly :-)
HollyP
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby spencebel » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi Holly
As a new member myself, it has taken 12yrs for me to find out.
I try to keep doing things, like you good/ bad days.
It is great that you have a good GP, and family to support you.
Keep positive.
Spencebel :-)
spencebel
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:02 pm

:wave: :wave: Holly and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You'll find there's lots of info and advice on here which you may find helpful. As well as trying to support each other thru those not~so~good times, we also love to hear when someone has some good news as we can join in with the :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

With your supportive GP, understanding partner, and the way you're looking to approach this condition, hopefully it won't take you long to find the right balance of things for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby HollyP » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:45 am

Thank you so much for the welcome and for the very positive and affirming responses. I am looking forward to getting my medication established so that I can keep on top of this.

Take care :-)
HollyP
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:54 pm

:welcome: to the forum Holly :chicken-dance: :bear-dancing: :wine:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello