Hi to you all...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi to you all...

Postby Melbi_UK » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:35 am

First off I'd like to thank admin for accepting my member request.

I found this forum last night after yet again looking up this horrible, horrible thing they call Fibromyalgia. I finally got a diagnosis in October 2011 after suffering with various things for several years then the onset of severe pain the last 3 years. At first I used to put it down to my family's history of arthritis as that is rife in my family (mum's side) so I never bothered going to see my GP about it until one day I woke up and couldn't move for hours due to stiffness and pain. I also suffer from severe anxiety attacks (for the last 3 years) and depression (psychiatrist think it may be bi-polar) but as I've only just started seeing her she hasn't actually confirmed this yet.)

Well, just after seeing my physiotherapist yesterday and telling her I think I have now come to terms with FM despite having a very painful day yesterday, I yet again broke down in tears last night as no matter where or how I lay the pain in my legs, feet and shoulders would just not ease. I even took an extra 2 tramadol. So here I am, having found you after searching yet again for some answers that would help relieve the pain.

What attracted me to this forum was the verses someone wrote on here about the condition, every word of it was as if it was about me. I'll have to look for it again so I can note it here. But thank you very much to the person who took the time to write it and share it. I'm going to print it out and give copies of it to all my family and friends, not to mention my GP amd ATOS lol.

So at the moment I am suffering terribly with my legs and feet, even sat here resting the pains shooting down my lower leg into my left foot is agony, yesterday it was my right leg. My shoulders hurt constantly, I have steroid injections in them every 3 to 4 months just so I can do things like type, dress, write etc. It doesn't shift the pain completely but gives me just enough relief to use my arms and hands.

Just recently I have become tachycardia with some chest pains. Still no results as to whether it is my heart, medication or FM. I'm hoping to find out on Monday.

My medication is: Tramadol 400mg a day; Lyrica 200mg a day; Steroids 7mg a day, Trazadone 300mg a day and Paracetamol to help the Tramadol work at its best.

So as you can imagine I am pretty much 'spaced' out most of the day but even if I miss one dose I am unable to move around due to the pain. As it is now all these drugs allow me to move around and have some sort of life - mm - I just wish there was a drug that would take the pain away completely.

I have counselling and attend a pain management course at our local hospital, I am also due to start CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy)

Nothing seems to work and I do think they offer all of the above because they just haven't got a clue (enough understanding) about FM. All these sessions leave me exhausted and in pain, so I'm not really sure how they are supposed to help.

Other than the pain I also suffer the brain fog, IBS, short term memory loss, severe fatigue (not helped by all the drugs), loud noises or more than one person talking at a time, sudden urgency to pass water, too hot, too cold, unable to sleep all night; swelling of hands and feet (well they don't look swollen but feel it), unable to remember how to spell simple words, or read words correctly unless I really take my time (is this part of the brain fog?), can't always understand what someone is saying to me, it's like they are speaking a foreign language. Well in fact, it has become the case where if I'm not feeling well my family put it down to the fibro.

Sorry for going on so much and I know how difficult it is for sufferers of FM to read large contents.

Thanks for reading.
Melbi x
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Re: Hi to you all...

Postby Melbi_UK » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:41 am

Just found the verses : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4732
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:24 am

:wave: :wave: Melbi and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You'll find there is a lot of info and advice on here, as well as support for each other thru the darker days FM likes to give us :facepalm: :facepalm: We also love to hear when someone has some good news as well, so we can join in with the :chicken-dance: :bear-dancing: :chicken-dance: :bear-dancing: :penguin: :penguin:

The topic you've read, called "One For The Non~Believers" really does a fantastic job of explaining what life is like with FM, and is one that we often direct people to when they're wanting to try and get someone to understand/have an idea of what it is like to live FM.

The acceptance part of FM, just like the way you have found your on your way there, isn't a straightforward thing unfortunately :facepalm: :facepalm: Altho you have reached that elusive point there are still hi's and lo's, and dark times, as if FM is trying to kick you out of acceptance and back down into the darkness to make you find an alternative way back in :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: It's a good job at times that we always have a rope handy to help with the pulling out :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Anything you want to know about, just ask away and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Melbi_UK » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi Fluppy and thanks for the reply. I have been off work (on the sick) for 3 years now with Depression and anxiety. I have just received a new form to complete for ATOS and will be adding the FM to it.

How many people are actually signed off sick successfully due to FM alone?

Last time they sent me one of these forms I hadn't yet received a diagnosis for FM so was just based on my depression and anxiety. I completed the form then 2 weeks later I received a letter saying I didn't need to attend an assessment. But I am interested to know the success rate for FM.

Melbi x
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi Melbi and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Melbi_UK » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Thanks Denys
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:45 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherrybee » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi Melbi :welcome: lots of friendly advice here
tk care :-)
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby Melbi_UK » Fri May 04, 2012 7:11 am

Thanks everyone :-D

I'm suffering really badly these last 2 days with severe pain under my left rib, so much to the point that I hate moving s it makes me feel sick. This started after I had to fill out the form for ATOS along with a very painful hand, fingers, arm and shoulder that radiates into my neck. I wish my hubby hadn't posted the form straight away as I would have opened it back up and wrote on the form just how much filling it in had affected me.
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby cherrybee » Sun May 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi Melbi, these forms seem to be causing a lot of stress :-x
try not to worry too much, and :fingerscrossed: will be ok for you,
Tk care x
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello